Boreas
Technical Sergeant

Re: Subscriber Modifications

Post by Boreas »

Boreas
Technical Sergeant

Post by Boreas »

An update of my terrain colour mod. Back up and replace the original files to use.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/b19ud ... hter_5.zip

Boreas
Technical Sergeant

Post by Boreas »

This tree mod includes a new oak and elm tree and an a adapted version of Hazzie’s oak. I also changed the colours of the stock trees slightly.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/i85d1 ... es_Mod.zip

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

Boreas,

I very much like your new #189 TREE4 elm tree. Much better than the old one.
Have adopted it for myself, and will be nominated for v2.14 stock issue. :)

HAZZIE
Technical Sergeant

Post by HAZZIE »

beautiful trees development B. nice 'see thru ' holes in the branches and leaves

keep working at this, as this v.good; there quite a challenge in balance in getting the right aesthetic, as the (DDS, or PCX files are so small
and pixelated for the purpose of upping the frame rate )

there also many .png, targa and other alpha channel tree types available in the net, that you can use - mainly see Google
Sketchup 3-D warehouse (https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/?hl=en - d/l Sketchup ver 7.1, its free, not professional (8+), in
order to view .skip files, ever 7,6 and less, from their vast public library, of which you can see facimilies of each 2D face-me model
in a picture window in this vast library)

also ditfo Revitt, ArchiCad, and some monsters in 3D StudioMax, but these monster programmes are v.expensive, and
you need to do an x8 yr rocket science PhD in order to jus open the programme

if you can d/l these files, you can then convert to .dds or .PCX for WoV BoB, after resizing and recolouring, etc

Google Sketchup is a v.simple, brilliant modelling programme; put together by Google about a decade ago for the 'simple, every man'
the main idea originally being that 'everyman' cud model buildings to be placed on Google Earth
it is entirely based on 'everyman' logic ( ie your cursor intelligently follows parallel lines, or snaps to points, intelligently )

when you view 3D buildings on Google Earth, these simple models have in fact been placed there with Google Sketchup , now with
computerised oblique satilite photo mapped 'sides' done automatically by some behemoth computer linked to on going satilite photography

Apple device - much better modelling :
have you used an Apple device to look at Appple's Google Maps, ( not Google Earth, it is different and more urbane for the IBM user) satilite view,
and looked at the 3-D formation of landscape buildings and trees - it is utterly shattering what these satilite mapping computers are doing today
with literally no human input ( which is also why there are fewer jobs, than yesterday )
( Apple must have a nefarious agreement with Google on this mapping, and we need to put those guys in jail, and throw the keys away, fast ).

see some beautiful Google Sketchup 3D warehouse trees in this animation of a Safari development model I did a few weeks ago:
( there are thousands of trees, and tree lines, jus as aka WoV BoB, as I mapped out an entire landscape of about 5 x 5 miles )
https://youtu.be/Z416r2JVhKk
the .sku model is 200 mB +, so a bit unwieldy for use in, say WoW BoB ( need a quad processor and 8 mB Gpu to handle the frame rate
in order for fraps to have any chance of not shaking your eyes out of your head )

a 'simple' Google Sketchup, 3-D model, one of 2000 helicopters, freely downloadable

a Google Sketchup 2-D face-me tree, one of 16000 downloadable ( you can spend x 5 hrs jus searching trees and bushes etc)
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last WLSC

Boreas
Technical Sergeant

Post by Boreas »

Had a quick look at Sketchup. Looks good to start off with and get a lot done, maybe like a modeling PaintNet.

For the ground textures I will be making masks for the main fields and areas such as grass, wheat, trees etc. I have some of them already and this might save further repetition in tracing outlines. Then it might be a relatively quick and easy task for anyone to change the colour attributes for specific areas in the main tiles.

I made a small mod to hopefully make the spitfire gear indicator more realistic.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ws34c ... or_mod.zip

HAZZIE
Technical Sergeant

Post by HAZZIE »

B - glad you looked at that 3-D programme - it is v.good and basic

below some images from a 3-D fly-around animation of a safari camp redevelopment ( at a place called Etosha ) using Google Sketchup

also see vid of a flight done in a gyrocopter, used for fence checking, anti rhino poaching patrols and fast response ( the rangers practice shooting from the back
seat - v.difficult to hit anything without a machine gun - however they got x160 rhinos incl x60 v.rare Black rhino, and a small army made up of ex special forces
from the Angolan war - here it is a war as these animals are so endangered and poachers are shot on sight.
wish someone wud shoot the Chinese arrange this stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7wl45k0LEw

the actual place and Gyro

the 3-D model

you are not allowed to fly so low over wild animals: these for illustration dynamic purpose only

ShadowShooter
Senior Airman

Post by ShadowShooter »

HAZZIE wrote:below some images from a 3-D fly-around animation of a safari camp redevelopment ( at a place called Etosha ) using Google Sketchup...

Hazzie,
The tree on the left looks obligingly placed for any passing leopard who has a desire to join the hospitality industry and is being frustrated by that inconsiderate electrified fence. Will guests be issued with complementary blunderbusses? :)

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

Meanwhile in the good old USA, Orlando, Florida, which is also a tourist destination..
a man kills 49 people and injures 53 with a Sig Sauer assault rifle at a Club for LGBT folk,
that some folks think was a terrorist attack because the moron man was a muslim. No.. just a gay jilted lover?
The killer was on the FBI terrorist watch list, and committed a terrorist act,
but suspected terrorists are allowed to buy guns in the good old USA,
as long as Congress is dominated by Republican Party scum,
and the National Rifle Association, whom sole purpose is to lobby on the behalf US gun manufacturers so that they can make a lot of money!

Worst mass gun shooting in US history. The guy bagged a lot of folks with just one rifle. Like shooting fish in a barrel!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And.. the next day, an Alligator chomps up and spits out the body of a 2 year boy next to Disney World in Orlando.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... n-orlando/

Not a good week for Orlando. Beware of tourist destinations. And Alligators!!

Florida used to have pumas (cougars) (mountain lions) whatever ya'll want to call them. About as big as a Leopard, and cousin to the Jaguar.
But.. the Floridian gun nuts shot all of them DEAD about 100 years ago.
Pumas can still be found in California (watch where ya'll go a hiking and jogging out in the bush!)
because there are a lot less gun nuts in California.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We still live in a wild world. The worst and most destructive creatures being the fancy apes that we call humans.
Mix in ignorance, intolerance, tribalism, and religion, and all Hell will break out!

DUMP TRUMP!

HAZZIE
Technical Sergeant

Post by HAZZIE »

SS - suites are placed as close to trees as possible, to endeavour to merge with the landscape

Leopards rarely enter buildings, but unpredictably jump into open game drive vehicles and attack tourists and rangers
poss due to being followed endlessly, which disturbs their hunting
https://youtu.be/iwJGljDjnC8

other than one instance of walking alone onto Lion on foot ( see prev post) and once with three others onto a rouge white rhino and had to climb
a v.small tree
the most frightening was an occasion, 2005 or so walking with four others in v.long grass, onto a 'Dagga Boy ( singular, large, old, grumpy male African Buffalo )
it charged at about 10m or so and we bolted; never run so fast since the 440 back in '72 - took a 90 deg divet ito some bushes and the buffalo
followed the others, whom also escaped ( they were rangers - when a ranger runs you know there's trouble )

you don't want to come up on one of these things in long grass at close range

why they called 'Dagga Boys' - Dagga in Native vernacular means both cement ( as in building ) or Cannabis ( as in weed )
these massive old rejected bachelors invariably have 'cement' like mud on their horns, and angry red eyes as if they been smoking weed
and they males

this is called 'the eye of death'

if you haven't, read this book, written for boys, in 1905
it is quentessinal about the South African bushveld , of the days gone by
about how a Staffordshire terrier, totally adapts to serving & protecting his master in the African wild

Boreas
Technical Sergeant

Post by Boreas »

This is a set of templates for editing the BoBII ground texture tile colours. The files need to be opened in Paint.Net but can then be used in any dds editor. It isn't pixel perfect but I don't think it needs to be, even if that were possible.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/eg2nii0kg ... nt.Net.zip

A basic Paint.Net install will benefit from some additional pluggins so that to brightness, contrast, colour balance, hue, saturation and lightness can all be adjusted.
http://www.getpaint.net/index.html
http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/f ... gin-packs/

In general, tile edges need to match up and the overall brightness and saturation of ground tiles needs to fit with aircraft and buildings etc. In the game, saturation is reduced with draw distance including altitude.

Boreas
Technical Sergeant

Post by Boreas »

Will be tidying this up a bit more and posting link in a few weeks.

Boreas
Technical Sergeant

Post by Boreas »

Revised rivers and streams mod. Terrain templates update probably a few more weeks.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/qgvvcc3c2 ... _mod_2.zip

hellcat44
Senior Airman

Post by hellcat44 »

Very nice Boreas!
If I had only one B0B install, it'd be tough to choose between HAZZIE's reflective river/streams
that I like so well and your blue that I like equally well. :)
hellcat

Boreas
Technical Sergeant

Post by Boreas »

Thanks Hellcat. I whittled it down from an actual stream but Hazzie’s might be better as it seems more purpose made, although the colours could be made to match the ground more.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”