The BDG is always looking for Testers and other Skills

Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
Buddye
BDG

Re: The BDG is always looking for Testers and other Skills

Post by Buddye »

paleeagle wrote:Hello all.

I am not sure if I have missed the boat here since the last post was back in Dec but we will see.

I have been toying with the idea of offering my services as a tester for some time now but have been a little nervous that I would not have enough time or knowledge to report back to you with the regularity that you need.

But I am a campaign player more so than instant action and I play nearly every night for 2 to 3 hours.(unless the wench moans but that isnt often :wink: )

So if you think I could be of some help I am willing to give it a go. (Even if you fire me after 1 day lol )

Let me know if you need me.
Hi paleegal,

We would be very happy to have you join us and help improve BOBII. I will add you to the Beta Forum so the next time you log in you will see it.

Just come in and read the threads. We waiting for Scott to build the self loaders and then we will need to test them.

Be sure and say hi to the guys so they will know you joined.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

two27
Master Sergeant

Post by two27 »

Tried to send a PM to Buddye and don't see any evidence that it exists via the user control panel.

I've been working on a survey of the campaign from both sides since I completed the RAF SPC. Pages of notes both written and typed are growing. Began with the obsersations I made playing the SPC and now it's like a spider's web. The oddities expand the more I dig and when I isolate one number or fact, then two more questions arise.

Do you have use for someone who used to design and run military sims (pre-computer and early computer) in a military environment? I'll be happy to tell you more about what I can do, just not in open forum. Children are grown and I have time. Except for the coding skills, you may find I have an interesting skill set.

two27

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

Hi two27,

You may be able to help us. I think your skills as a tester and analysis could be a big help.

At the present time we have some key people out with personal problems so delelopment has slowed down.

I will add you to the Beta forum list and you can take a look and tell us about your interest. The next time you log into the BOBII forums you should see the Beta Dorum as an option.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

Webz1982
Airman First Class

Post by Webz1982 »

Sir,

I'm a long time user of the BDG work and would like to offer what small services and hobby time i have to the group.

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

Webz1982 wrote:Sir,

I'm a long time user of the BDG work and would like to offer what small services and hobby time i have to the group.

I will add you to the Beta forum list and you can take a look and tell us about your interest. The next time you log into the BOBII forums you should see the Beta Forum as an option.
Buddye

Cherkassov54
Staff Sergeant

Post by Cherkassov54 »

Hi long time lurker and infrequent poster.
Would also like to offer my services if they will be of any use.

I am getting a new PC this week so will have to reinstall BOBII fresh anyway.

I took part in the Simhq 'Day by Day Campaign' so have some experience of the campaign system and also did some basic skinning of Me109's for that as well.

S!

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

Cherkassov54 wrote:Hi long time lurker and infrequent poster.
Would also like to offer my services if they will be of any use.

I am getting a new PC this week so will have to reinstall BOBII fresh anyway.

I took part in the Simhq 'Day by Day Campaign' so have some experience of the campaign system and also did some basic skinning of Me109's for that as well.

S!
I will add you to the Beta forum list and you can take a look and tell us about your interest. The next time you log into the BOBII forums you should see the Beta Forum as an option.
Buddye

TigerMoth
Senior Airman

Post by TigerMoth »

Buddye wrote:The BDG is always looking for BOBII testers. We also always need campaign testers both RAF and LUF. The testing is mostly just loading up the new software files for the upcoming update, playing the game, and reporting anything different (regression) or any bugs you see. It is not hard or difficult and if you enjoy BOBII can even be fun.
Hey Buddye,

Just thought it was time to offer what help I can. I am a long time off-and-on BOBIIWOV player. 30+ years in flight sims (Apple II), private pilot, ex-programmer, project manager, etc. Probably too busy to take on large tasks but I have been running the 2D campaign just for fun at home and on a machine at work and notice lots of little things :>) Just recently got a new PC so I am back in the game!

Let me know if I can help.

Thanks

- John
----------------------------------
Gateway FX6831-03
i7 (860) 2.80 Ghz - 8GB Ram
ATI Radeon HD 5800 - 1GB Ram
Windows 7 (64-bit)

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

Sure you can help if you can find the time.

I will add you to the Beta forum and you can look over what is going on which is 2.12 testing and analysis.

Then just post a greeting and dig in where you want to help.
Buddye

Hawker
Airman

Post by Hawker »

Hi Buddye,
I do not know whether it is still valid, but I would like to join in to the beta team as tester.
I work as a programmer (C++/C#/Delphi/Assembler) and I deals with proposal and implementing the distributed database systems.
I play BOB, with small breaks, from its release, especially as strategic game. My other favorite games are old Talons BOB and Bombing the Reich (now also new Matrix release), Defending the Reich, WITP AE, IL2 Sturmovik...
If it were possible, I would like to help you with further improving this excellent game.
Thanks for reply.
Andy

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

Hi Hawker,

Sorry for the late post as I have been out of pocket (Labor Day Holiday in the US.

We would be very happy if you would join us on the Beta Forum and help us.

The next time you log in you will see the BDG Beta Forum. Just look it over and post a Texas Howdy.
Buddye

Hawker
Airman

Post by Hawker »

thank you Buddye.
S!

jlnewby
Airman Basic

Post by jlnewby »

Enquiry to ask if you are looking for testers. Happy to help if links can be provided

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

Yes, we are always looking for testers. We are working on 2.12 at now.

I will add you to our Beta Test Forum. Jist come in and read the post to get a feel of what we are doing. I will add your ID to the beta forum and you shoud see it the next timr you log in.
Buddye

mss
Airman

Post by mss »

Hello, I don't have all the time in the world, but I would love to help out with some programming tasks when ever possible.

I use C/C++, C# and dabble in Java and Python.

I've used many gfx/3d libraries, including but not limited to DirectX 9.0c SDK, OpenGL 1.2 SDK (not recent), SDL, CRM32Pro, Irrlicht, Panda3D, Box2D, UDK (just skimmed the top, nothing serious), Ogre (skimmed the top) and XNA. Plenty of projects laying around for proof if needed.

I also model purely in Blender. I'm no professional 3d artist, but I'm good at static objects. Bone animations for mechanical objects I can do. Animated objects such as living creatures are my weak point, but I have done primitive walk cycles before. I have examples.

I've also written an exporter in Blender (python) for my own 3D file format for untextured, static objects and also written an importer using it for the Irrlicht engine (C/C++).

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”