new reply
HAZZIE
Technical Sergeant

Re: Subscriber Modifications

Post by HAZZIE »

revised Browning sound:

D/L http://www.mediafire.com/listen/8ag2f5a ... unbrwn.wav
put in SampleHI folder ( bakup orig)

made from my prev file mixed with multiple overlays of an actual Browning .303 to imitate multiple guns http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGlubA_9RbY

also listen to this sound revision at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixZoZbETZN8
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last WLSC

SNAFU 1
Airman

Post by SNAFU 1 »

Hazzie, I like your revision. When listening to actual 303's I don't hear the ripping sound in some of the other mods including the current Cliffs of Dover 303 sound. By the way, your Merlin sounds are amazing. Are they enhanced in some way or does the mod you use sound like that as is? Where may I find it?

hellcat44
Senior Airman

Post by hellcat44 »

HAZZIE wrote:revised Browning sound:

D/L http://www.mediafire.com/listen/8ag2f5a ... unbrwn.wav
put in SampleHI folder ( bakup orig)

made from my prev file mixed with multiple overlays of an actual Browning .303 to imitate multiple guns http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGlubA_9RbY

also listen to this sound revision at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixZoZbETZN8
Sweet!
I like it so much I used it as a replacement for the 303gun sound file in another sim.
hellcat

HAZZIE
Technical Sergeant

Post by HAZZIE »

SNAFU - no, the sounds you hear are as per an actual live sim flight, as I like it

To get these sounds;
do a search for 'AKH' in subscriber modifications under my handle:
You will find the replacement Merlin interior & exterior sound files to go into SampleHi sound folder.
Also replacement file for Raflyby ( fly- by) sound, start up with cartridge 'bang' and 'clear prop' shout, and cut engine sound with backfire & ticking crankshaft.

You will also see information about a separate hot-key ( free, I think) programme called AKH, together with additional fly-by sounds hot keyed to be pressed simultaneously with the flyby key, and Hotkey ambient Merlin (RAF) and Daimler (LUFT) distant 'circular & return' sounds, such Hotkey pressed a few seconds into the end of the respective flyby sounds to create continuity ( the flyby sound only lasts about 10 secs or so and then all goes into silent mode) of the aircraft now flying in a 'camera ' mode if you do not return view to cockpit.

Also ambient radio chatter in AKH, turn on and off ( made up from numerous recordings, tethering and editing hundreds of available recordings from the '69 BoB movie (Shaw: " OK Red 2, I see 'em") to Monty Python's " he hit the Bertie"

You have to create a 'batch file' ( research net as to how to make this- very simple) to set the AKH files to work, and another batch file to turn off when finished sim, otherwise when you do another task later, you'll scare the sh*t outer your secretary with a Sudden Spit flyby sound 1st thing Mon morning.
The AKH files allow you to then fly the A/C from camera view at a distance like an R/C but with sound.

All this make this sim much more immersive, esp flying in camera view with panicked radio calls interrupting each other. I been at this ambient stuff a few years, notably in FSX where it is much easier to programme.

This all otherwise could be programmed into BoB2 itself - but need programmer here to do this.

Re: ripping sound .303 - I prefer the subtle 'breech screech' - helava difficult to make machine gun sounds - download a free programme called Audacity and import any BoB sounds and see if you can adjust / overly etc these files - very interesting actually.

The Browning .303 vid Sound I referred to is IN FACT a 50, which has been captured and overlaid x3 times slightly set off sequence and each reduced in volume, over my original adjusted Browning sound. So it is in the main, NOT A .303 BUT A 50. However it sounds good I think.

Hells'Cat - good - you like this - was a very quick sound edit after being inspired by Boreas

SNAFU 1
Airman

Post by SNAFU 1 »

Thanks Hazzie, I will have a look and may take a crack at it. I have noticed the radio chatter in some of your other videos and it really adds a lot to the simulation. You do some very cool stuff. I also give Boreas a shout out for all his great work. BoB2 is better for the work the two of you chaps have produced.

hellcat44
Senior Airman

Post by hellcat44 »

SNAFU 1 wrote: I also give Boreas a shout out for all his great work. BoB2 is better for the work the two of you chaps have produced.
For sure!
I really like one of Boreas' terrain tex variations,,,,and considering how many he's done, bet even as the creator he has a favorite.
That's how subjective these enhancements can be and usually are.
I'd like to use this opportunity to thank all the guys that have contributed, whether big or small, to my enjoyment of BoB2.
It's great to have choices and the more the merrier! :D
hellcat

Boreas
Technical Sergeant

Post by Boreas »

Just seen this after bit of a British weekend. All good crits Hazzie. It has too little randomness not enough belt sound and not enough muzzle bang. Damn. I tend to be overly enthusiastic when find some new method. Also I’m probably giving too much priority to the closest guns to the cockpit so it sounds like at the most four guns, possibly two (at 160rps it would be like this https://Boreas111.opendrive.com/files?M ... N19NeHFxMQ). This is about my first completely digital effort so there should be room for improvement :) . I was basing this sound more on the original air browning recovered after 70 years but I think you’re right that that recording isn’t completely accurate because it cleverly leaves out the explosiveness so as not to overload the meters. I’ve played around with incorporating firecracker sounds previously although without result but I think that sort of crackling sound might be a part of any accurate 8 gun representation. I don’t believe there is any good recording of that sound so it’s guesswork but I’m sure a good representation would be instantly recognisable. How much the cockpit versus the external version would differ would be for further thought. Thanks SNAFU1 I’ll have to check out that COD version.

Cheers hellcat. I’m certain that I have made more than a few backward steps with my ground texture mods but I only use the latest one. I’ve been aiming to add more of the characteristics of a good British summer (weatherwise) such as in 1940. The stock textures are quite bright but there is a lot of blue which can give a more overcast aspect. I noticed your screenshots have a greener look which seems quite good, but I couldn’t guess which version it might be or whether you had made your own alterations.

Wishing all a merry Christmas!

SNAFU 1
Airman

Post by SNAFU 1 »

Off topic Boreas but if you find a way to use a BoB2 303 sound in COD please let us know. I have no idea how to change stuff in that buggar.

Boreas
Technical Sergeant

Post by Boreas »

Not sure SNAFU1 but if a single browning sound file can be identified in COD then it could probably just be renamed to replace the one in BOBII. A free programme like Audacity could be used to adjust the volume or trim it if necessary. Ideally the file size shouldn’t be much more than 500kb I think. If there is no sound file for whatever reason then maybe it could even be extracted from video. I use this website currently: http://www.online-convert.com/. I’ll have a further look though.

PV
BDG

Post by PV »

No, only radio speech files are identifiable, everything else
is buried in their ".SPS" files. I must assume that TF has
figured out how to crack those, in order to do their work,
but I don't know if they have revealed the trick, as I don't
pay a lot of attention to CloD.

HAZZIE
Technical Sergeant

Post by HAZZIE »

Stickman - Noord Afrika RED-8 especially for you!
Still a few misalignments, but good enough

D/L - fly as Galland IIIJG26
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5odtx ... e_STAB.dds

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

HAZZIE,

I cannot download that file. Can you try again?
I can get your red ochre and sand skins OK. Kinda want your leopard skin.

PV
BDG

Post by PV »

Works for me at the moment.

HAZZIE
Technical Sergeant

Post by HAZZIE »

Stickman - here is reload - this also has some further re-alignments
http://www.mediafire.com/download/fotuq ... e_STAB.dds