Jeeeze H-C, how's the symmetrical explosion trails ! - never seen that before

Darth Vader - like
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last WLSC

hellcat44
Senior Airman

Re: SCREENSHOTS

Post by hellcat44 »

Huh?
As far as I know it's always been one of the explosion patterns.
hellcat

HAZZIE
Technical Sergeant

Post by HAZZIE »

Mebee I never see it from your screenshot position, so new to me - will do this position after an explosion

hellcat44
Senior Airman

Post by hellcat44 »

How bout this one HAZE? :mrgreen: Near as I can tell,,, it was at least a three AI collision/explosion. Maybe? Cud be two.

Last edited by hellcat44 on 18 Nov 2014, 00:18, edited 2 times in total.
hellcat

hellcat44
Senior Airman

Great Spit stuff HAZZIE,,,3 thumbs up!

Post by hellcat44 »

hellcat

HAZZIE
Technical Sergeant

Post by HAZZIE »

H-C funny I have never studied the explosion smoking bits ( in contrast to intensively studying the ground fire effects and altering the fire texture .dds with blue petrol effects ) so am learning much here to think about.

Yeah I can see where there are symmetrical smoke trails in this 2-3 collision graphic - mebee all smoke trails are a single fx type exe. progression prog with a singular arc - jus differentiated by start times and X and Z angles making them look different, now and then two happen simultaneously making a symmetrical shape app you earlier screenshot ?
Also are the smoke trails in a ground explosion the same arch and progression but with a more vertical angle.
If someone could indicate where and how to open the code on these .fx type things, one could fiddle and alter / create more variables ( add , lengthen arcs, shorten arcs etc, fatten the smoke (v. slow-more particles) intro a spherical shockwave with Stickman's dragon bits etc or into into the fx a few large ack-ack explosions and a ball of fire ) into these explosions ( at the expense of CPU speed of course as mainly to do with particles when dealing with smoke - although this may be 2-D orientated at the view? ) and make even more impressive aerial explosions

Glad you like the distressed Spits - they are a bit overdone, I must say and some ( incl Stickman ) don't like them, and after some years, having got tired of these things I am doing Spit repaint KIT for all squadrons - I decided on 4096x4096 pixel format ( even thou the DDS resizes to 2048x2048) due to:
- better rivet & panel line accuracy ( rivets at 2048 appear cruciform as format too small for pixel circles )
- incase the sim changes the future skin format to 4096 ( as per A2As FSX latter models )
( however someone will have to also upgrade the 3-D SM models to also be more detailed - have a look at A2As FSX Spitfire for very good detailing.

The 4096 x 4096 format layer photopaint files are a nightmare - they get to be over 150 mB - so have to make up in part parts on separate files to prevent crashing. This means some months of input.

some work in progress from photographs taken at Duxford in July with Trumper, my guide, to whom I am eternally grateful.
yu can see the size of the format - below are 1:1 scale screen shots of parts of the file

hellcat44
Senior Airman

Post by hellcat44 »

Yeah I suppose the BOB skin was a little over done but as a fan of distressed skins I can over look that. :)
Just as I wouldn't mind a Kosciuszko Squadron marked Spitfire 1A even though it wouldn't be historically accurate. :wink:
Thing is I've never gotten BOB2 stable enough to really get into the guts of the game so for me it's been all about the aerial combat.

In the screenies below, almost lost the Hurri in a steep dive and would have been dead in a Spit.
Shot to hell and trying to bring her home, as so often happens in this sim with screenies, in this case a 109 strafing me 3 feet off the ground, it captured as a blank field. :x
http://s170.photobucket.com/user/hellca ... show/Hurri
hellcat

HAZZIE
Technical Sergeant

Post by HAZZIE »

Interesting screenshots - which airfield?

Have you tried the RAF prop spinning variable I made - think it also works on a Hurricane?

hellcat44
Senior Airman

Post by hellcat44 »

It was either Lympne or Hawkinge,,,which is ever smaller of the two.
I actually prefer a subtler prop but since eye candy is so subjective it great to have so many choices. Which reminds me the need to install your petro fire in this new BOB2.
I use or have at least dl'd 99% of your variations as well as many of the other modeler's creations and thank you all for adding to my enjoyment.

When going to external I was really surprised that a Spit was trying to hog my kill.
How we managed not collide since collision was on??? When I disengaged so did he.

Image Image Image
hellcat

hellcat44
Senior Airman

Post by hellcat44 »

Badly crippled and trying to make it home, I got hit from from behind by a fly-by.
Maneuverability shot,,, altitude and speed falling, all I could do was
sluggishly turn to face not a 109 but a PO'd 110 determined to finish me off.
On the fourth consecutive pass he finally suceeded and did us both.
http://s170.photobucket.com/user/hellca ... 20BF%20110
hellcat

hellcat44
Senior Airman

Post by hellcat44 »

Kinda hard to focus on a head to head when (if I didn't know better) a drunken Czech in a Spit is putting .303 under and above you. He didn't get him by the way.

hellcat

HAZZIE
Technical Sergeant

Post by HAZZIE »

Brilliant action shots - you must set up the dogfight then pause often to see what is where?

tryin to figure the canopy mapping - bit-O-balls up, I'm afraid

hellcat44
Senior Airman

Turkey Shoot

Post by hellcat44 »

Started on the Heinkels but then the sky was full of 110's and we just couldn't help ourselves.
http://s170.photobucket.com/user/hellca ... hoot/story
hellcat

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”