Re: SCREENSHOTS

Post by HAZZIE »

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last WLSC

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

HAZZIE,

Tell me again, why you are not using v2.12?

HAZZIE
Technical Sergeant

Post by HAZZIE »

NOT USING V12.2? Stickman - thanks for yer concern which is well placed.
reasons:
1. I see recommendation ( PV I think ) is a complete uninstall, clean up all root files etc and do entire new install - this is actually a very good idea - so I then I have to go to 2 or 3 below to achieve this:

2. I gotta new v.fast flash hard drive and need to figure how to run BoB2 and FSX stand alone on it, as my running speed on this I7 is unfortunately determined by the read rate of best hard drive I could get two years ago ( need to make new solid-state flash drive alternative main drive somehow to do this for the O.S. for BoB and FSX )

OR

3. buy an entirely new honcho computer for ditto 2 above standalone ( allow ZAR 15- 20k fro box )
( my main computer is a communications, printing and Corel / 3-D max and graphics computer, the others are CaD operating, stand alone, networked - and having these flight sims which after years, their carry over files are huge, and become clumsy on a single drive / MAIN COMPUTER shared with other huge files and operating programmes / sometimes there are conflicts - I just lost a whole lotta special batch files ability to operate ( for my add on sounds to BoB&FSX) for some reason - jus don work -I installed Rapport bank protection and uninstalled it which I think did this trick somewhere in the cmd OS root directories)
I have also run outta studio worktop space for yet another computer station.

Once 2.12 installed, I will back this up, and then put my 1000+ files back into the installed version so that this then has my own upgrades in it, so that I can feel comfortable and at home with my invisible parachutists ...... that a massive and dangerous task alone - I've had the experience.

4. have minimal time jus at this point in the future ( I want to take 3-5 days to do 2 or 3 above ) Anyway I least I stopped bleeding my cash reserves which has been happening since 2008, so min time = good.

5. I am an obsessive hoarder. Wanna copy of Rowan's BoB 2000?

6. gotta get out of "lazy mode" and into "do" mode.

Probably like the rest of us 50-60 something guys here. ( dunno if there any gals?)

I have so many generated progression files and test files on these sims ( about 1/100th which you have seen on these forums ) and 6 entire prev version copies of BoB2, as well as FSX mirrors on various external and internal drives, so I don't loose anything, which I :

a) don't want to overwrite anything ( I have had 30 years of Murphy's law files been overwritten now and then, sometimes to massive income or time cost, regardless of bakups, which sometimes also get overwritten )
b) need to do a full consolidation on, as there is now jus too much data for my brain to handle on these sims, as everything jus keeps getting more bloated - and my tendency is to procrastinate and get lazier )
c) am trying to now use 'clouds' in place of external drives which are all full as well as confusing- but they also have their problems ( I also have kept all old hard drives since 1994, as well as stiffies and a stiffy drive - an even got piles of dusty floppies from the '80s - which invariably old clients want file copies from)

Ahhhh..... maybe next week - No - I gotta to Etosha Reserve (Namibia) for a week - mebee the week after - No - I'll have a lost a week's admin here and 4,000 emails waiting for me when I get back ( donna wanna them that side - jus adds stress - if there any signal in the middle no nowhere ), plus I'll be buggered from all the flights and bad roads for at least three days - oh well - whenever..............
that's why I do & post "short - course" items like new vids or 2.11 screenshots - as this absolutely brilliant 2-4 hrs relaxing hobbytime on whatever day or night suits me, and when I go to sleep at least I see Spits and 109's at the back of my eyeballs, and not spreadsheets and CaD drawings.

I got 2.12 waiting ..... I'll get down to it......

PV
BDG

Post by PV »

HAZZIE wrote:NOT USING V12.2? Stickman - thanks for yer concern which is well placed.
reasons:
1. I see recommendation ( PV I think ) is a complete uninstall, clean up all root files etc and do entire new install - this is actually a very good idea - so I then I have to go to 2 or 3 below to achieve this:
Nope, that's Buddye - not me, I'm way too lazy for that sort of epic.
I generally just toss things on top of the current install and only
worry if something breaks. I then copy over all my personal preferred
mods which get overwritten by the install. ...However, at the moment
I'm still running the last 2.12 test beta, which is presumably the same
as the official release, but I want to install the release over a 2005
cd, so I can filter it by file date and thus extract the true content of the
patch release, for my archive, and also for possible troubleshooting.
This takes a few hours to accomplish, so I'm waiting for a day off when
I don't have a thousand pressing RL things to deal with. Maybe on the
May 24th long weekend, which will be my first real break since february.

HAZZIE
Technical Sergeant

Post by HAZZIE »

PV - what does RL stand for - "Randomized Logarithmic" or somthin of a somthin?

Trumper
BDG

Post by Trumper »

HAZZIE wrote:PV - what does RL stand for - "Randomized Logarithmic" or somthin of a somthin?
Real life i think.Whilst we are on the screenshot thread whatever happened to Stalkervision and his beloved 109?

HAZZIE
Technical Sergeant

Post by HAZZIE »

My-my, I is a dum-horse's-arse from the bottom of Africa........ of course RL stands for real life. I spent 15 mins researching this acronym on the net!~
That's what's I like about this site: when involved with this sim and it's amazing history, you escaping what are in actuality, terrible realities, and then there's Stickmans' Hells Half acre where one can express the displeasure of the "RL", with other 50-60 somthin people who are here due to this unique sim, and it's romantic history, and Spits, and 109's etc, where polite disagreement is wonderfully prevalent here ( other political blog sites, and even YouTube comments, utterly despair me in their complete disrespect of views, swearing, name calling, bigotry etc and to which, no end.)

I met an American-Latino here in SA, about my age, about 12 yrs ago ( he was the brother in law of a very wealthy SA client who owned a $ 75mil private game reserve - around the time of 9/11) and in very short order over a drink, I discovered he was a COMPLETE BOB NUT-HEAD. He knew more than me than me of every marque of Spitfire and who flew them. An American-Latino! It took me some time to comprehend this, being old-school, stiff upper lip colonial Brit type.
So discovering Stickman's BoB-headedness, a person emanating from Montana who lives in Hawaii, a decade later came of no real surprise. Ditto the FINN Creepycrawl. I wonder what has happened to him - come outter de blackness and snow for 6 month summer holiday, I suppose an no time to do this sim?

This American-Latino sent me a scan of an autographed photo of Bader getting into a Hurricane, which he wrote to Bader for when he was a teenager. I wanted to post this and searched my deadfiles but couldn't find it.

It just shows, actually, the extent and who this sim and it's history, serves.

A monkey pulling a Tiger's tail
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfOW2CKoobE
We gotta huge problem with overpopulated monkeys here in Durban ( no predators - all the leopards and pythons shot out long ago, and Black Mambas, which are plentiful here, unfortunately don't eat monkeys)
I fired a full hopper of 200 paintballs mixed with solids yesterday at a large troop of 60+ in a big tree outside my studio, and they just nonchalantly migrated to the top of the tree where the lower leaves then acted as a shield, so they could continue eating the fruit. They a major problem here -have attacked my small Dashund a few times, come into the kitchen and open the fridge making a hela va mess ( learnt behaviour), and if confronted by a female (one of the maids or my wife they can smell the gender hormones) they then bear their teeth and chase them screaming blue murder into a bedroom or bathroom where they then lock themselves in. In turn I then think somebody is being murdered, rush to my gun cabinet and this stuffs up my days programme for an hour or two calming everyone down, especially the dog.
A few Sundays ago while watching Sky very early( 5:30 am), I heard what I thought was my wife eating very noisily like a disguising pig: when I looked at the breakfast counter carefully I saw this huge vervet monkey sitting next to the fruit bowl atop of the counter stripping and eating bananas. It did not see me, the large screen was emanating sound and movement effectively disguising my position on a couch. The paintball gun was next to me ( in event of an unwarranted human intrusion, I carry it everywhere) with solids in it. I took silent careful and sighted aim over the 5 or so metres distance, the ball went exactly true ( they usually curve like a cricket/base ball at 300' per/sec) and this guy was hit smack in the back of the head whilst gobbling a banana, the solid bouncing sideways and dropping into the fruit bowl neatly between the apples, the now instantly headaked anthropoid scrambled off the counter like the Road Runner, his whirring legs taking a full second to get him moving, screaming and smashing breakfast plates in his wake and escaped out of the kitchen door. This was a particularly large lone Bull, who had been inside often, had frightened the maids, and I am glad to say, has not been back ( learnt behaviour)
It is illegal to shoot them with a pellet gun, or real gun of any sort, within the city limits, Pity.

Some have gone to jail here for capturing a monkey, whitewashing it by pouring the whitewash fluid over the entire capture cage and the monkey, then releasing it to re-join the troop which then continuously run away from this now completely white ghost-like animal which frightens them greatly, exhausting the troop and possibly some (young) dying from exhaustion and not eating for some days continuous running, until some of the whitewash wears off. Apparently the most effective method of chasing monkeys away for good. Used in agricultural areas, as more effective to dispersing an entire troop than using a .22 which only kills or maims singularly, and the next day the others are back crop-raiding.

The other trick, which is to yet get a conviction welbeit authorities want to, is to buy a realistic rubber snake, forked tongue and all, tie 20lb fishline to the head with the otherside well secured to an apple at about 1' length, which is then placed on loose leaves with the snake covered: the monkey grabs the apple and lifts it to the mouth, whence the snake suddenly appears: as a monkey will never ever let go of its food, it takes off at high speed with the apple vice-gripped in it's hand. Of course wherever the monkey goes, so does the snake at a continuous distance of 1'. The monkey will head for the troop for communal safety, which results in a multiple mile marathon of lots of monkeys, until the one in question wisely drops the apple or the line snaps.
This comes from the traditional African way of killing monkeys and baboons to eat: They make a hole in a gourd just big enough for the primates hand to fit through when narrowed, but not big enough to allow for extraction once the fist is clenched around some maize or grain, which is the bait. The gourd is in turn secured to the ground with a short tether, and the trapper, once the primate has it's fist trapped, just walks up with a 'knob-kerrie' ( type of braining stick with a large bulge at the end) and beats the screaming and struggling primate about the head until it is dead. The primate, regardless of being seriously beaten about the head, does not let go of what it thought would be stolen plunder.

A "KnobKerrie" stick

HAZZIE
Technical Sergeant

Post by HAZZIE »

ENB Series

StalkerVision !
Airman

Post by StalkerVision ! »

Nice screenshot Hazzie ! Very nice. Now if you can de-wing a spit or two for me it would feel like old times here. :mrgreen:

HAZZIE
Technical Sergeant

Post by HAZZIE »

WILL do !
Like Tru Lyuft JOCS
:evil:

Trumper
BDG

Post by Trumper »

:) Blimey Stalkers back :)

marine
Technical Sergeant

Post by marine »

Trumper wrote::) Blimey Stalkers back :)
Yea,i guess they have released him as a POW,or he has found his CPU :)
you live and learn,and die and forget.

CPU Intel E8400 Core 2 [email protected] O/[email protected] CRUCIAL MEM 6400,V/C Ati 6870 1GB mem,MB GA- p35ds3r,s/c 5.1 santa cruz,Viewsonic 2650 LCD 26" Screen

StalkerVision !
Airman

:wink:

StalkerVision !
Airman

PV
BDG