New: Tiger Moth for BOBII

Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
heinkill
BDG

New: Tiger Moth for BOBII

Post by heinkill »

Seasons Greetings from the BoB Developers Group!

To fill your stocking, we are happy to provide you with the first new aircraft ever released for BOBII...the DH82a Tiger Moth trainer.

NOTE: this is the full and final FREE version with flight model by BlueSix.

You must create a new copy of your Battle of Britain game in a new directory on your PC (eg C:\BOBII), patch it to version 2.11 and then install this aircraft into your new game directory. If you install this aircraft into your default directory for Battle of Britain II, you will find you are missing one of the Hurricane squadrons (replaced by the TM) and the TM instant action missions will replace many of the default missions.

FEATURES

- 100% authentic Gypsy Major engine sounds
- Hi fidelity flight model by BlueSix
- Skin by Bader
- 2D gauges by Stickman
- Coding by Osram and Buddye
- 18 new Tiger Moth Instant Action missions including 3 basic training missions, 8 advanced training missions, 4 Special Operation Executive missions and 3 bonus 'Challenge' missions by WhirlyBird.

Remember, we are providing this aircraft free of charge, and are a group of volunteer BoBII enthusiasts, so we value highly the help of our BOBII community in bringing this aircraft to life in the BOBII world!

Regards,

HeinKill

DOWNLOAD FROM HERE: Tiger Moth Download http://www.box.net/shared/amvka24my7

IDENTIFIED ISSUES

This section of the post will be updated as issues are identified:

- Minor graphic glitches may appear if video memory is low. Most common is the loss of propeller texture
- The addition of the TM may cause the campaign game to crash.

OOPS I ACCIDENTALLY INSTALLED OVER MY DEFAULT GAME DIRECTORY: HELP!

- Try this if you accidentally installed into your default BOBII folder

Download this exe - it contains the default instant action missions, and default raf sounds

http://www.box.net/shared/jkismxdlxa

Then re apply the 2.11 update patch to restore important files such as the original BOB.exe and BOB.pdb

http://www.gamershell.com/download_59140.shtml

I did this for my own TM install and it worked to get it back to default

Last edited by heinkill on 23 Dec 2013, 08:28, edited 5 times in total.
Looking for BOB missions, campaigns, and historical resources?

http://bobgamehub.blogspot.com

Racoon
Senior Airman

Re: FREE beta release: Tiger Moth for BOBII

Post by Racoon »

Great news and Great work :mrgreen: , thank you guys a lot :D .

Phantom of the Ruhr
Staff Sergeant

Post by Phantom of the Ruhr »

Thank you, looking forward to the wind in my face and some low and slow.
POTR
"Only birds and fools fly and even the birds don't fly at night"

Cherkassov54
Staff Sergeant

Post by Cherkassov54 »

Thanks for this, havent seen much of the old bus yet as I have combined installing a new installation for it with a move to manual engine control AND a new joystick setup so to date I have mainly seen the aerodrome surface getting closer and clo.....

S!

Pat_Pattle
BDG

Post by Pat_Pattle »

Excellent news!! Thankyou to all involved. :D

nachinus
Staff Sergeant

Post by nachinus »

Brilliant!

I was looking forward to this since I first saw these beautiful Tiger Moths flying over Cambridge the first time I flew there to visit my GF. :)
"I hate reality, but it's still the best place to get a good steak."
Woody Allen

blue six
BDG & A2A

Post by blue six »

Hi heinkill - just a quick note to let you know that the installer worked perfectly. As suggested, I built a new BoB install, patched it to 2.11, then ran your TM installer on the new installation. No issues at all, other than I needed to tweak the 2D gauge .ini file a little, to suit my "old school" monitor. Feels quite nice to be back in the Tiger, after all these months.

For those of you who may have been holding off, waiting for first reports, fear not. So long as you follow heinkill's directions, you'll be golden.

blue six

KellyB
Airman First Class

Post by KellyB »

Heinkill: This is a truly great addition to the fleet! Thanks.
The install went just as advertised in a separate install of BOB patched to 2.11 on another partition.
Only one question from here: Is the panel meant to stay stationary as one pans about? It isn't so in any other aircraft, so I just wondered.
Or is there something wrong with my install?

blue six
BDG & A2A

Post by blue six »

KellyB wrote:Only one question from here: Is the panel meant to stay stationary as one pans about? It isn't so in any other aircraft, so I just wondered. Or is there something wrong with my install?
Hi KellyB - nothing wrong with your TM installation. To this point, we've been unable to come up with a functioning 3D instrument panel, which would remain fixed in its proper place in the cockpit while the player's viewpoint panned around. What you have instead, for now, is a 2D panel - basically a screen overlay, called up by the HUD key. Unfortunately, as you've seen, it moves around with you as you swivel your viewpoint. To minimize the distraction, I generally punch the 2D panel off ("h" key) when I'm in straight and level, sightseeing mode, and only use the working 2D panel for takeoff, landing and aeros.

blue six

KellyB
Airman First Class

Post by KellyB »

Thanks Blue Six. I do realize this is the beta, but wanted to make sure it wasn't me.

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

Kelly,

You can remove the 2D Instrument panel and keep the 2D gauges if wished.
In the 2dGauges folder there is a config file called TigerMoth_2dGauges.
At the bottom of the file you see the lines for the Instrument Panel:

//Instrument Panel
{
Name = InstPanel
ScreenPosition_X = 124 //values may range from 0 to 640 w
ScreenPosition_Y = 208 //values may range from 0 to 480 h
GaugeWidth = 388
GaugeHeight = 368
GaugeType = 8 //8=Instrument panel
DrawWhen = 1 //drawWhen: 0=never, 1=all views, 2=virtual cockpit only, 4=outside views only
RotationScaler1 = 0 //not used
RotationScaler2 = 0 //not used
NeedleStartAngle1 = 0 //not used
NeedleStartAngle2 = 0 //not used
NeedleMapIndex1 = 0 //not used
NeedleMapIndex2 = 0 //not used
NeedleSizeScaler1_W = 0 //not used
NeedleSizeScaler1_H = 0 //not used
NeedleSizeScaler2_W = 0 //not used
NeedleSizeScaler2_H = 0 //not used
NeedleCenterAdj1_X = 0 //not used
NeedleCenterAdj1_Y = 0 //not used
NeedleCenterAdj2_X = 0 //not used
NeedleCenterAdj2_Y = 0 //not used
MaxValue1 = 0 //not used
MinValue1 = 0 //not used
MaxValue2 = 0 //not used
MinValue2 = 0 //not used
GaugeFaceBitmapNumber = .\2dGauges\Moth_Panel.pcx
Needle1BitmapNumber = 0 //not used
Needle2BitmapNumber = 0 //not used
Label =
LabelColor = 0 //black
DisplayColor = 0
}

-------

The DrawWhen line gives choices on when it appears. = 0 is never. It will never show up.
This DrawWhen line is in all 2D gauges or digital indicators (and their background panels) also.

KellyB
Airman First Class

Post by KellyB »

Stickman: Thanks for the heads-up

It doesn't really offend me so much; I was more interested in whether there was something wrong with my copy of BOB 2.11 or perhaps a bad download.

I'm sure that in time it'll get figured out so as to work like the rest of the aircraft in 3D, and I'm not yet SO old that I can't wait (lol)

borton
BDG

Post by borton »

blue six wrote:For those of you who may have been holding off, waiting for first reports, fear not. So long as you follow heinkill's directions, you'll be golden
'Fraid not! :cry: I followed Heinkill's instructions and installed the intended TM version of BoB on a separate internal HD. All went well until I tried to add the TM patch to the new BoB install; the patch resolutely refused to let me specify the new BoB location - D:/TM/Battle of Britain II. I managed to do it eventually, how I forget, but it seemed to work fine.

Then I loaded the original BoBII only to discover that this one had been changed to the new TM version as well!

Fortunately, I had the commonsense to create a Restore point before I embarked on the TM install. I seem to remember I had similar problems when previously testing.

The TM engine sounded good though whilst I had it.
ASUS P6T Deluxe Socket 1366 M/B;Intel Core I7-920 2.6GHz Socket;15Gb DDR3 1333FSB;W/D 150GB Raptor 10,000 SATA;Antec Performance One P182;2 - ASUS 768MB 8800GTX PCI Express;On-board NIC Dual Gigabit;MS W7HP 64bit;GIGABYTE 1200W ODIN PRO ATX PSU

blue six
BDG & A2A

Post by blue six »

Apologies for having led you up the garden path, borton. The installation went so smoothly for me, no genius at the keyboard, I couldn't imagine anyone else having issues. I suspect your problem may have something to do with having the two BoBII installations on different drives, but perhaps one of the more computer-savvy crowd can chip in with their thoughts on this.

I've run two separate BoB installations on my C: drive for years, with no "cross-talk" problems at all; a stock installation (2.11 at the moment) at C:\ and a test and development installation at C:\Program Files\BoBII Test\. I torched the test installation in order to make room for the Tiger Moth, replacing the "BoBII Test" folder with "BoBII Tiger." The BoBII CD, Patch 2.11 and the Tiger Moth installer all let me browse for C:\Program Files\BoBII Tiger\ with no problems. I copied over my keyboard folder and .bdg file from the stock 2.11 installation, and was up and running in less than 20 minutes. A few additional Option settings needed to be tweaked in the new installation, but that was it. No drama and no effect on the stock 2.11 installation. I'm running Windows XP SP3, if that's a consideration.

Is anyone else having difficulties with this?

blue six

wnyowell
Senior Airman

Post by wnyowell »

I thought I did it right: BOBII from disk into new directory, Update 11, Installed Moth update. When I try to run it I get "Resolution not supported". Tried everything from 1920 x 1200 to 800 x 600, but same message each time. So I'm stumped.
Falcon-NW Talon; Intel Quad Core i7 2.67 GHz; ATI HD-4870;27" Acer Widescreen Monitor; Windows 7 Home Professional 64-bit; AV8R stick & Quadrant; CH Pro Pedals; TrackIR-4

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”