I recommend a fresh install when a player has the time.
Each Step is Important
1. download and unpack the 2.11 self installer and the 2.11 MultiSkin
2. Uninstall old version or BoBII
3. Delete all files from the BoBII folder (leave none). [IMPORTANT: These old files left by the uninstaller can cause issues with the new EXE.]
4. Run a registry cleaner (like CC cleaner - a free program) as you had an old install of BobII (Important to cleanup)
5. Reinstall BoBII game CD or Download version that you purchased
6. Run (execute) the 2.11 Update and next the 2.11 MultiSkin that you downloaded
Re-do the following Windows 7 fix as you now have a new install:
Right click on shortcut and go to properties. Go to the compatibility tab. Check "disable desktop composition" and check the privilege level, run this program as an administrator.
Is you DirectX 9c update to the latest? If unsure run the Microsoft Web installer here(it will update only what is needed):http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en
If you are running a wide screen monitor check this thread and implement:viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12695