Wings Over the Reich: latest screenshots

Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
new reply
ShadowShooter
Senior Airman

Wings Over the Reich: latest screenshots

Post by ShadowShooter »

New screenshots issued by OBD from their forthcoming Wings Over the Reich. As always, comparisons are interesting. The 109 is definitely an Emil, so they must be doing the Battle of Britain.

Trumper
BDG

Re: Wings Over the Reich: latest screenshots

Post by Trumper »

I had to look it up as i hadn't heard of it before https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/26 ... announced/

"The makers of 'Wings Over Flanders Fields' have announced they have been working on a new WWII flight sim for the last year...

''Well I am sure many have guessed we are using our WOFFUE engine/systems to develop a WW2 Combat Flight sim.
Wings Over The Reich - or as we call it in-house WOTR.

This will follow the exact same lines as OFF/WOFF/WOFFUE in that it will be a phased release.

The intention is that it will eventually encompass the whole of WW2 and will be centered in Europe.
From the Battle of France, Battle of Britain to the massive day and night raids over Germany and German held territories.

The intention is that players will be able to play either side in fighter or bomber squadrons and will have and will build on many of the SP features of WOFFUE.
Aircraft models are all new high poly hi res textured aircraft with even more realistic DM than what is currently in WOFFUE

The world will be alive as will the theater change over time until very little of the main European cities is left.... again much like WOFFUE that has the frontlines moving and devastated tracts of land building up over time.

How long?

We have been burning our candles at both ends for the past year working on both WOTR and WOFFUE.
We will continue to focus more on WOTR in 2017 but still will be releasing add-on packs for WOFFUE.

We anticipate a release hopefully of WOTR P1 in the last quarter 2017 - but we cannot promise a definite release date as usual.''

Lofty Anstruther
Senior Airman

Post by Lofty Anstruther »

I'm really looking forward to this release especially as the intention is to encompass the whole of the ETO in WW2 from the Battle of France onwards.

In Wings Over the Reich news section I found the following:
"September 13th 2017 We have recently expanded on the originally planned features of WOTR and have therefore pushed the release into 2018. When we are ready with details we will publish those later."
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com/news.htm
"Home and tea. For once you deserve it, well done everybody"

Trumper
BDG

Post by Trumper »

I wonder if things are still moving on ,been 6 or more months now since any news.

ShadowShooter
Senior Airman

Post by ShadowShooter »

Trumper wrote:I wonder if things are still moving on ,been 6 or more months now since any news.
Actually, there has been news. The screenshots that I posted above are from an update email sent to me last week by OBD [as someone who bought their WWI sim]. The pics are preceded by this message:

WINGS OVER THE REICH - May 2018 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

Our new WW2 combat flight simulator in development is progressing well and getting closer to completion. Here are a few taster screen-shots.

Please note that all items are subject to change. 'WOTR' features a newly written dynamic campaign system, redesigned by OBD for WW2, together with OBD's living world environment, as well as revised and uprated AI systems, to really bring WW2 air battles to life!

Lofty Anstruther
Senior Airman

Post by Lofty Anstruther »

Thanks for the update. "..close to completion..." - I'm salivating already.

Mind you, when their BoB campaign is released it will have to go some to rival BoB2. If they can do anything like it, then happy days! Either way, if they carry out their intention to simulate the entire western front of the air war in WW2 from the Battle of France to the fall of Germany, it will be a tremendous achievement and essential for WW2 aviation buffs.
"Home and tea. For once you deserve it, well done everybody"

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”