Need to do a clean install

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
curt1
Airman First Class

Need to do a clean install

Post by curt1 »

I've created some problems for myself. I was adding and subtracting liveries, trying out different GPS's etc... I got carried away and noticed the autopilot wasn't working right anymore. I did what I thought was a complete uninstall followed by a clean install, but nothing is working correctly right now. I installed from my saved download, and then applied the updater, but when I select the plane it says "visual model can not be displayed". I really need to start over and install it right. What am I missing?

EDIT: Oh never mind, the repair feature in your installer took care of it. Sorry for my haste.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Need to do a clean install

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello - If you've done a reinstall from your original installer at any point, I'd recommend following this advice posted by Lewis in another thread:
Lewis - A2A wrote:If you don't believe your update has been successfully applied go to your "Microsoft Flight Simulator X\A2A\Cessna172" folder and remove the "update_fsx" folder. Then apply the updater again.
The current updater can be found here: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=41279.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”