REQUESTED PAINTS

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
Venesim
Airman

Re: REQUESTED PAINTS

Post by Venesim »

hauntersea1 wrote:Hey all repainters is anyone out there able to make this one for me please?

I will pay in cookies :D
Hauntersea1

would have no problem doing

Mig_Driver
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mig_Driver »

This plane (now for sale) was the first Cessna I ever had actual yoke time in - all of 15 minutes but hey I'll take what I can get! Way back in high school in the early 90's.

It's a K model from the 60's but as close as anyone can get I would truly appreciate.

I included some gratuitous indoor shots so any fan of earlier models could see... I remember being fascinated with that trim wheel.

Airframe 4700 hours, engine / prop 1871/1871 SMOH.
ALL THE A2A PLANES!!!

torwal8
Airman First Class

Post by torwal8 »

I would like to request this paint

Its certainly not an R, but I really like the colors and the style of these early schemes.

Thanks

trucker17
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by trucker17 »

torwal8 wrote:I would like to request this paint

Its certainly not an R, but I really like the colors and the style of these early schemes.

Thanks
The paint and color could be done, But I don't think their is any way to do the Polished.....

torwal8
Airman First Class

Post by torwal8 »

[/quote] The paint and color could be done, But I don't think their is any way to do the Polished.....[/quote]

That's a shame. I have seen them with cream or silver paint and the same green scheme though. It doesn't look quite as good in my opinion, but still its beautiful.

cro_mig_21
Airman Basic

Post by cro_mig_21 »

Hello! Would someone be so kind to take on this Croatian repaint? This very Cessna is the one I had my first flight in! :) I have some more photos of this bird..Thanks to anyone who answers the call!

AndiK
Airman First Class

Post by AndiK »

Three paints come to mind - two which might be interesting to people in general, and one which I'd like personally ;)

First, don't know if this is a repost, but for all of us Flight Sim old timers, two classic paintjobs...

First, the good old C172 from FS2002 - Microsoft's (and my) first encounter with a Skyhawk, for sure, and it might be nostalgic enough for someone to reproduce :) The paintjob itself is simple enough:

As is the second one, for those of us who started flying even earlier - I know it's the wrong model but still! Good old 01Z:

(Just look at those graphics. Imagine how far we've come... :shock: )

And lastly, the C172 that both my wife and I had a few lessons in back before they shut Barkarby airfield down, and which is my only real world experience with a C172 - A good old Reims Rocket:

The first two I imagine would be fun for several people, the last is a low-prority request if anyone can be bothered :lol:
ImageImageImageImageImage

MrTransavia
Airman Basic

Post by MrTransavia »

Hi all,

I saw allready 2 Dutch Liveries, But is there someone can make the PH-TGM from Special air Service Teuge (NL).

Kind Regards,

Tom Hoogvorst

Venesim
Airman

Post by Venesim »

the default one in fs9 I'm painting but slowly

Tom_Weiss
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tom_Weiss »

Thanks
working on a similar one, maybe I can make this one as well

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JoeS475 »

Mig_Driver wrote:This plane (now for sale) was the first Cessna I ever had actual yoke time in - all of 15 minutes but hey I'll take what I can get! Way back in high school in the early 90's.

It's a K model from the 60's but as close as anyone can get I would truly appreciate.

I included some gratuitous indoor shots so any fan of earlier models could see... I remember being fascinated with that trim wheel.

Airframe 4700 hours, engine / prop 1871/1871 SMOH.
That's a beautiful plane, although it looks like a C182 Skylane to me. My first Cessna (which I soloed in) was a 1970 C172K, which had a very similar exterior paint, and all the bright blue plastic trim inside that your plane has, although mine had a very crappy black plastic panel, and certainly didn't have that beautiful wood trim!

That said, I'd love to see more 60's and 70's paints, inside and out, even if they are not "authentic" to a C172R...

Joe
Joe

Jachin
Airman

Post by Jachin »

Mig_Driver
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mig_Driver »

Yup, Joe she sure is a 182 Skylane but I'm hoping the paint can be adapted over :-)

Gotta love the ancient Greek scrolling pattern embossed into the woodgrain leather on the door interior! Hah! That plane sure blew a 17 year old's little mind though. Didn't make me sick one bit.
ALL THE A2A PLANES!!!

torwal8
Airman First Class

Post by torwal8 »

ThomasDWeiss wrote:

Thanks
working on a similar one, maybe I can make this one as well
That's great to hear!

Tom_Weiss
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tom_Weiss »

the metal texture is done , so it will be ready for this weekend, what I need is a side view of that model or a similar metallic finish model to do.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”