Delete Wet Compass by A2A C172

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
Hannes
Airman

Delete Wet Compass by A2A C172

Post by Hannes »

Hello, since I'm not really clear with the external view of the virtual cockpit, I would like to hide the Wet Compass, or remove. Either he is in the field of vision or I have to go so far forward that I am outside the windshield and no longer have the raindrops. Can someone help me here, if that's possible? It is the A2A Cessna 172. Thank you

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Delete Wet Compass by A2A C172

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Hannes,

No, I'm afraid it's not possible to remove the wet compass from its position in the virtual cockpit.

Thanks,
Nick

Hannes
Airman

Post by Hannes »

thanks for the answere,

Too bad. How do you solve with a home cockpit with the C172 the problem of the external view that I do not have the instruments in the picture, but still sit behind the windshield to get the effect of rain and of course see the hood and the propeller?

thanks

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Normally advanced simpits will use the 2d view and obviously have the trade off of missing features that you get from the full virtual pit.

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewto ... 08&t=40389

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Tom_G_2010
Airman First Class

Post by Tom_G_2010 »

Hannes wrote: 05 Feb 2019, 05:00 . . . How do you solve with a home cockpit with the C172 the problem of the external view that I do not have the instruments in the picture, but still sit behind the windshield to get the effect of rain and of course see the hood and the propeller? . . .
Hannes have you made any progress on this. I asked the same some time back and I am still looking for a more optimal solution. In my case I don't need/want the windshield or engine cowl since my cockpit already has one but I am otherwise looking to do something similar to what you are. I would like to show the prop, wings, and wing struts, but nothing more. I found several of the image files and moved them so they wouldn't load. Unfortunately that leaves a black masking file that I can not seem to locate. I also tried using a graphics editor to turn the alpha channel all they way down which should have rendered the images transparent. But, I found out that not all graphics files use the alpha channel the same. So, that did't work either.

It would be great if we had the option to turn on/off various view elements to accommodate cockpit builders like us, but I suspect that would take a great deal of development on A2A's part. Given that pit builders are a very small sub group I don't think it would make much economic sense for A2A to invest development time in that area when they have so much more on their plate.

Back when I was running FSX I recall several aircraft that had fixed forward, left, and right 2D views from the pilots POV that showed appropriate exterior aircraft elements such as wings, prop, etc. My next avenue to explore is to find a graphics person who can work with me to create such views for my pit build.
https://www.facebook.com/mycessnasim/ PC: Intel Core i7 @ 3.2GHz, 8Gb Ram, Win 7 64Bit, Dual SSDs, NVidea G780 SIM: P3D, FSUIPC4, ASE 2016, Orbix, REX 2, A2A 172

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”