what speed do you open the window?

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: what speed do you open the window?

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Agree with Bobsk8 there, heard that story many a time, always fly the plane ignore the door.

Local story somewhat related and a bit funny from the local field also was from a good few years back when a couple guys where flying and having a smoke, opened the little window on the piper and then whoosh half the papercharts flew out the window lol :mrgreen:
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

cessna lover

Re: what speed do you open the window?

Post by cessna lover »

Oracle427 wrote:We have experience with starting scattering cremated remains in my club going back to an experience many years ago. We even married two members in one of the planes. We had to make sure that the judge and couple were flying over NY State as the judge only had jurisdiction in NY state.

Back to scatteting the remains... That was once attempted and failed not only because a lot of the ashes came back into the cockpit, but also because the ashes that made it out proceeded to sandblast some of the paint off the horizontal stabilizer. Ashes from cremation are very abrasive.

When I fly the J-3 or PA-18 IRL, I fly with the doors open. They don't tear off either. :)

On a side note, I just took my pet to be cremated earlier this morning. Always a bit tough to say goodbye. :(
I am so sorry for your loss. :cry: may it R.I.P :cry:

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”