Newbie and problem

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
jef32
Airman Basic

Newbie and problem

Post by jef32 »

Hi from France

I'm newbie here and just bought C172 trainer.
I learn to fly in the real life and I've done my first solo flight last week on C172.

I have a problem for install. If i let the default installation directory, I don't see teh A2a C172 in my planes ( P3D V4 is installed on my computer on H:\P3D ).

If I cute-paste in my P3D directory, I can use the C172 but I have a trim problem. If I set it in the TO position, my planes takes-off at 40 Knts then stalls. I must set trim in a pitch down position to have a good take off

Thanks for your help !

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Newbie and problem

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

P3Dv4 has a new add-on method for installations. The software should be installed external to the main P3D installation. Please refer to your P3D documentation for details on the change. The default external layout is your P3Dv4 add-ons directory under your my documents. This can be changed to where you wish though.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

jef32
Airman Basic

Post by jef32 »

Hi from France

When I let the installer going into c:\users\my name\my documents\prepar3d V4 add-ons\A2A, I can't see the A2A cessna 172 in my list of planes

I've copied-pasted all the A2A files in H:\P3D and now I can see The A2A C172 but I'm not sure that I can have all functions.
I've installed the update with the same manner, by overwriting files when asked.

So I have a trim dysfunction. For Take-off, in real, the trim must be in take-off position. If I let that in P3D, the planes takes-off around 40 Knts ( flaps 10°) then stalls and crashes if I don't push the yoke strongly. It's normal as the rotation speed of C172 is around 52 knts and take-off around 60 knts. So for a good use, I must set the trim in a down position and it's unrealistic.

Is it possible to correct the problem by editing the cfg to have a good trim calibration?

Before asking, I've made a search on the forum about this problem but the answer given doesn't satisfied me. It's said that it depends about the passengers weight, and for me, if it's real that the mass and centering parameters are influencing the flight, they aren't influencing enough to change the set of the trim by a so large manner. Sorry !

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Which model 172 did you solo on?

The R model does indeed require strong forward pressure on the stick to keep it on the ground during the later part of the takeoff run and before takeoff speed is achieved. The earlier models are completely different. The R was Cessna's re-entry to the small GA market after a significant absence and was more a redesign than an updated model.

The flight model was designed with a bundle of test flights for data by Scott and tested by several beta testers (myself included) with many, many hours specifically in the R model.. I've also got quite a few hours in earlier models which do not behave or handle anything like the R.

What you are describing is absolutely the correct behavior. What can mislead is the lack of stick force in the sim, which makes it feel like you are putting the stick way forward for no apparent reason. In the real aircraft the building stick forces give a natural cue to push forward, you don't wait until the nose starts to climb.

Check your controller sensitivities ( https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewto ... 23&t=47744) and have a read of this

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewto ... 08&t=35924

regards

Darryl
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

yes what you are seeing is pretty much correct for the C172R as we flight tested during development. However lets forget the trim for now because it does sound like your install will not be correct if you manually moved files.

Its best to first start to make sure your software is installed correctly and your sim is setup correctly.

thanks,
Lewis

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

I agree with Lewis that it sounds like there's potentially an issue with your installation jef32 if you're having to manually move files.

As far as the trim wheel take-off index, I guess that's intended for a take-off with flaps retracted. I think you'll find the pitch behaviour is very different on take-off depending on whether you have 0° or 10° of flap selected. With flaps retracted and trim in the take-off position, you should find that a bit of backward yoke pressure is required to lift the nosewheel at ~55 kts. The situation is further complicated by the fact that the pitch behaviour on take-off is also affected by the choice of propeller fitted. The aircraft will tend to pitch up slightly more when the 76" 60° 'S equivalent' prop is used.

I do still wonder if the pitch response to the first stage of flaps is slightly exaggerated in the A2A Cessnas compared to the real thing (see this rather long topic), but afraid I'm rather unqualified to judge! :)

Cheers,
Nick

jef32
Airman Basic

Post by jef32 »

Hi All

The Cessna i've made my first solo and learned to fly is the Cessna F172M Skyhawk. You can see it if you type Cessna F172M on google and select "photos", red and white "F-GPHT" on the third line.

For the install, tell me step by step how I must do. My P3D directory is on H:\P3D.

Thanks !

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Hi,

The M handles completely different to an R, yes!

As fro installing, you can just use "browse" to point the A2A Installer at the directory you have P3D in. I've always had non standard directories, so it isn't a problem. I can't remember (at work) if it is "browse" or "back" or "options" button in the installers, but it is one of those, down the bottom of the page where the installer says . "Install to C:\Programs\LockheedMartin\P3d\" or similar...look at the bottom of that screen for where to change it.

Everything will happen automatically from there.

cheers

Darryl
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

From memory even in an M if you set trim to takeoff and dont touch the yoke you'll still end up climbing and then stalling out. The issue in this case is normally perception, with no feedback on the sim yoke I'll bet you are pushing forward more than you normally would in the real aircraft. I know this from experience and during development exactly why we flight test and record everything because pilot testimonial can be wrong even minutes after landing the aircraft, but video of input and results doesn't lie.

For the installation, simply follow the installer instructions to install to the default add-ons directory for P3Dv4 or one you have previously setup.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”