Buying 2

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
AbstractArtist
Senior Airman

Buying 2

Post by AbstractArtist »

Well what is the sys requirements? I also would like to see if it would work on my computer with FSX where I have a three year old computer with a 1.2 processor or more I don't know with only 6GB of ram and it runs FSX just fine after it starts. Plus how easy is setup and what is the best time to get started if I can fly the C172 trainer?

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: Buying 2

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi,

This is from the A2A C172 manual:

System Requirements:

FSX with SP2, Windows XP, SP2 or better
2.0GHz single core CPU or better
250MB drive space
DirectX 9 compatible video adapter with at least 128MB (512MB RAM or more recommended)

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

AbstractArtist
Senior Airman

Post by AbstractArtist »

So why so much cost assiocated with the C172 trainer. Would love to get both C172 and the skylane

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

As someone noted earlier, there are sales from time to time.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

FlipS
Senior Airman

Post by FlipS »

All A2A aircraft are worth the money and you don't need the most expensive game pc. My pc is a seven year old i5 2500K @ 3,3 gHz. Flying over big cities in ORBX is not a good idea with my pc and all sliders to the right (10-15 fps and an OOM in less than ten minutes) but flying over ORBX England is no problem (except for London): 20 fps or more. Flying in the wildernis (for instance ORBX Pacific Fjords) is a delight (very beautiful and 24 fps or more). Flying over default scenery will be no problem at all.
You will need a HD screen, a yoke (for instance CH), rudder pedals and a trim wheel (Saitek/Logitech). You could buy a switch panel.
You can use the A2A manual and you can fly the A2A Cessna's with the real world POH's (which are to be found on the internet).

lars667
Airman

Post by lars667 »

I thought the price was steep at first, before actually buying. But I have not seen other planes that gives you the same bang for the buck as the A2A planes do. A $20 carenado doesn't come close to the same worth. After buying A2A ACs, most other planes feels like a waste of money. Majestic q400 is ok, though. :) It's up there, competing with the study grade commercial ACs, and probably more realistic than most of them when it comes to sound and feel/flight dynamics. Even the manual is worth $20, although it is free. I did buy some of my A2A ACs on sale, though.

Edit: The C172 trainer is lighter on the system than the Skylane. Don't worry if you can't afford the two of them. The A2A experience really is about focusing on most aspects of one plane (for me anyway), it's a very deep simulation. Hence it adds to the experience to spend some real time with a plane before you buy another. Almost like the real thing. I spent a lot of time in A2A 172 in the same period I was training for my real license on a 172P. I wish there was as good a simulation for the 172P :)

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”