aircraft state after I leave it for cold and dark

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
AbstractArtist
Senior Airman

aircraft state after I leave it for cold and dark

Post by AbstractArtist »

My aircraft seems to undo all the ground connections when I get back in like wheel chocks are gone and the tie downs are gone too. The only thing remains is the piot tube cover on. Is this a bug because it's annoying as hell. Didn't know where to put this. Plus it does it on reload every time and everything is to date. Please fix ASAP.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: aircraft state after I leave it for cold and dark

Post by Jacques »

In the controls menu (shift + 3) down at the bottom are six buttons I think. The top row, middle button selects "auto cold and dark" either "ON" or "OFF". Select that to "ON" and then see if that gives you the results you want.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

In the controls menu (shift + 3) down at the bottom are six buttons I think. The top row, middle button selects "auto cold and dark" either "ON" or "OFF". Select that to "ON" and then see if that gives you the results you want.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Apologies again for the double post- very laggy tapatalk.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Also note that if you touch the brakes at all then the parking brake, chocks and tie downs will be removed. This is not a bug but a standard behavior of FSX, no way around it unfortunately.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

AbstractArtist
Senior Airman

Post by AbstractArtist »

I do have the auto cold and dark on, and it still loads without tie downs and wheel chocks. Don't understand what is going on.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Then I would have to say it is something in your setup, perhaps a "spike" in your rudder pedals that is activating the brakes and un-tethering your aircraft. For certain it has nothing to do with A2A as the correct behaviour can be duplicated in many, many machines. What happens when you go into the menu and re-apply the chocks and tie downs? Leave them on for a bit, go do something else and see if they are still active.

flapman
Staff Sergeant

Post by flapman »

As others have stated, the "ground equipment" (for lack of a better term) is dependent on the parking brake being set. If you load the A2A C172 without the simulator registering a parking brake on.. none of the features will remain, and the aircraft will be set in a "flyable" state (I guess Accusim cannot tell if the aircraft is airbrone or stationary on the ramp?).

My solution is to start the sim with a default aircraft, ensure that the parking brake is applied, and then select the C172. Once Accusim realizes that condition is met, it appears to comply with the "load last state" logic. This logic applies to the engine as well, I can switch from a parked aircraft with the engine running, and the Skyhawk will load cold and dark...exactly the way I left it. I've noticed this with the windows too. If I leave them open when I shut down the sim, they will load open when the 172 loads with an applied parking brake. If I load without, they will be closed (and I have no ground equipment features).

AbstractArtist
Senior Airman

Post by AbstractArtist »

I am trying a default aircraft first then let yall know

AbstractArtist
Senior Airman

Post by AbstractArtist »

I loaded the defualt aircraft and the parking brake wasn't set, now I am confused on why.

AbstractArtist
Senior Airman

Post by AbstractArtist »

Got it working now

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”