Poor intro to the A2A family

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
JIH
Airman Basic

Poor intro to the A2A family

Post by JIH »

I am new and very shaky on installing new programs. Purchased the A2A 172 trainer for P3D. The order said they would send me an email including all download info for A/C and something else. Waited 30 minutes for the email and it did not come. Some how I downloaded the A/C portion before I closed my order page. The plane runs very poorly, engine knock below 1000 rpms, oil pressure low, etc. I have looked everywhere for the portion about preflight and maintenance but nothing can be found. An anybody help. :?:

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Poor intro to the A2A family

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello JIH and welcome to the forums. :)

Sorry to hear about your issues. I'm not sure about the email receipt, but spam filters can be pretty aggressive so it may be worth checking your spam folder.

The manual for the 172 is available from the Windows Start Menu / A2A Simulation group and the section on preflight inspection and the maintenance hangar is at the back. It sounds like you may be experiencing some spark plug fouling or similar. You should be able to open the maintenance hangar using the shift 7 key combination. Idling at higher RPM and with a leaned mixture, or using the 'fine wire' spark plugs are two ways you can combat plug fouling.

If the problems persist, please let us know.

Thanks,
Nick

P.S. Please note that only if you're using v4.1 or later of P3Dv4, you'll also need to download and install the update available here.

A-26Invader
Staff Sergeant

Post by A-26Invader »

Shift 7 is your answer. Complete overhaul of the engine and make SURE that auto-mixture is OFF in realism settings.
ImageImageImage

AbstractArtist
Senior Airman

Post by AbstractArtist »

Keep on trucking, I had some problems too. Now I am at my 35 hour on the plane and fly almost every week depending on my schedule. Spam filters on my e-mail did catch it so I made sure to say it's not spam.

JIH
Airman Basic

Post by JIH »

Thanks for the replies Nick, A-26Invader and AbstractArtist. The email was not in my spam file. Did find the manual, thanks. Got some home work to do. Took a few days off because of other problems, but last night I was demonstrating my rig to a friend. The 172 was still running rough, but took off anyway. Climbed to 2500 ft and noticed my top speed was 80 knots, then came the smoke and what looked like flashing yellow lights. After the smoke nearly obscured the windscreen, I turned around and landed only to switch to an outside view and watch the complete engine section go up in flames. What a sight for realism but now I say "I paid $50 for a sim plane I can no longer fly. I hope the manual will lead me back to a flyable plane. Will stay up tonight and try to fix my plane and see if I can salvage any value out of this purchase. Interesting to say the least. Jim

Another question. I have used 3 of my 5 downloads trying to find out was was missing. What happens when I use the remaining 2. New purchase?? Thanks.

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

Hi Jim

Lewis will reload your downloads to 5 if you ask him,of course you do not have to buy it again.

Have you installed the latest updater?If not do so.Here http://www.a2asimulations.com/downloads ... _12_17.zip

If the aircraft is damaged go into the maintenance hanger and repair it.

Sounds like you are having a baptism of fire,literally.

Make sure you do a walk around before starting and lean the mixture when on the ground.

Welcome to the realism of A2A.We all have similair experiences.You cannot just jump in and fly.

Cheers Chris

JIH
Airman Basic

Post by JIH »

Found my way to Hanger Repair and now I have a near new airplane. Still have not been able to get in to the Preflight workings. Will work some more tomorrow. Jim

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Make sure you save the zip file. No need to download every time you install.
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

for the pre-flight make sure the engine is off and you are in the cockpit and then press from memory shift +8 to start your pre-flight walkaround/check.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

PFS
Airman First Class

Post by PFS »

Hi Jim,

In addition to what others have suggested, also make sure to start the sim with a generic aircraft, not an A2A aircraft. Once the sim is working and you're on the runway, then switch to an A2A plane.

If you haven't already checked out a number of wonderful instructional/educational A2A C172 YouTube videos from A2A, you can find them here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0W4wJK8keb

Best of luck,
Paul

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”