Autopilot editing in Aircraft.cfg file

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
Dane SimAir
Airman

Autopilot editing in Aircraft.cfg file

Post by Dane SimAir »

I have tried editing my aircraft.cfg file to allow me to make changes to how the autopilot functions while either engaged for ALT or for NAV or HDG as follows:

If I have ALT only engaged I would like to be able to manually bank or yaw the aircraft. Also if I have NAV or HDG engaged I would like to be able to manually increase or decrease altitude.

This is certainly a normal edit in all my other aircraft simply by having two lines in the aircraft.cfg under [Autopilot]
default_pitch_mode=0
default_bank_mode=0

This does not seem to work in the A2A C172 Accusim aircraft.

Is there a way to accomplish my desire?

Regards,
Dane

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Autopilot editing in Aircraft.cfg file

Post by Oracle427 »

This is not how the KAP140 works. It will always have a vertical and horizontal mode engaged when it is enabled. The only way to turn or change altitude is to use the autopilot functions and not manually override the autopilot.

IRL, you could push the yoke firnly to force the servo clutches to disengage, but this is an emergency procedure and will result in the autopilot compensating aggressively when you release, or a disconnect of the autopilot.

Best to use the hdg mode to manually turn, or VS mode to change altitude. Work with the tool.

Also note that the A2A simulation is mostly coded outside the base simulator. Manually editng the config files will not get the results you expect and might cause unexpected problems to manifest.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Dane SimAir
Airman

Post by Dane SimAir »

Thank you Oracle427 for your answer, I understand.
Was just wondering if there was a way through the cfg file - but I am OK with thst.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

no you should not be editing the files to make the simulation less real. We use a lot of outside coding and programming so basic edits that work with default aircraft may cause unforseen issues as we use our own simulation engine for various aspects of the professional level aircraft simulation.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

mikequinn10
Airman

Post by mikequinn10 »

is there any reason why the heading bug wont latch on HDG setting? The AP works fine at Alt & V/S also keeps the wing level
However once i select HDG the aircraft is out of control I have to diseangage the AP to get on a heading and disconnecting causes the aircraft to pitch nose down agressivly,
Anyone got Ideas?

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

mikequinn10 wrote:is there any reason why the heading bug wont latch on HDG setting? The AP works fine at Alt & V/S also keeps the wing level
However once i select HDG the aircraft is out of control I have to diseangage the AP to get on a heading and disconnecting causes the aircraft to pitch nose down agressivly,
Anyone got Ideas?
Only guesses, but the experience shows that there are a few addon programs that might intervene with your airplane and cause this behaviour:

1.: FSUIPC.. if you use a registered version please remove the FSUIPC.dll temporarily and check if it is solved. IF it is the culprit, deleting the .ini file should help as it is likely currupted in this case. it will rebuild a default file.
2.: Weather programs that move your airplane exaggeratedly around its yaw axis and cause the heading mode to stear against it. possible solution: reduce the turbulence effects. ASN for example is fine with 20% cloud and wind turbs and with enhanced turbs unchecked. Also the up and down draft of the thermals is set ridiculously high and makes autopilots burn out.
3.: some ATC programs like VOX ATC try to simulate a first officer. It is known to cause issues with PMDG and FSL airplanes so maybe it can do so with A2A too.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”