Was accu-sim deliberately coarsened at some point?

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
ilya1502
Staff Sergeant

Was accu-sim deliberately coarsened at some point?

Post by ilya1502 »

I've always loved A2A for the amazing attention to detail, but I have noticed that after some updates for C172 some details started to disappear. For one, I don't see the attitude indicator wobbling anymore during start-up. Another one is the engine sounds. On the very first editions, closing the mixture would make the engine work normally for a second or two as it should, because there is still some fuel in the lines, then it would sputter and quit. During the ignition check, when I placed the key to OFF briefly the engine would realistically stumble. Now both actions would just make it quit immediately with a sound an empty turning engine would make. A2A C172 is awesome, just these small things and especially the latter one are small immersion breakers.

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: Was accu-sim deliberately coarsened at some point?

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi ilya1502,

I believe the changes, you describe, are due to the evolution of the Accu-Sim tech behind the Cessna 172 over time and the need to accommodate the increased variety of aircraft A2A releases. I am still an FSX user and have notices that since several updates ago the cooling sound from the Cessna engine has disappeared. I am sure A2A Lewis or Nick will be able to provide better explanation, than mine.
:wink:

Cheerz,
Vladimir
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

It didn't dissapear, you just need to heat it up more and cool it less 8) perhaps try a full power ground test for some time and shut down, let it heat up quite a bit to hear, best to have a high oil temp indication, i'd say beyond 150 F (just tested it). this plane has too little power and quite an efficient cooling (inline with the propwash as well) plus rich mixture, so it won't happen fast.

btw ilia, i didn't encounter those problems, you just need to be a bit faster on the key and have the engine still spinning at enough of a rate (just tested that at 900-1000 rpm), p-lead is working as expected at grounding your mags :)

AH wobbles for me at the start

I think it mostly comes down to those things being adjusted along the way, there was a time when 172 would sputter and die at idle if left there for a bit, that was not realistic according to further tests and therefore changed.

P3D v4

Perhaps i would check your setup and plane updates

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

I haven’t noticed any changes except for the better the big one being the engine quitting at idle. Now if they could add the rain effects to the windshield I think it would make flying in the rain a lot more reakistic
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”