P3D/172

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
kramerdc9
Airman

P3D/172

Post by kramerdc9 »

Just installed P3D and am trying to use the 172 but no sounds are there. I also can't start the plane, nothing seems to function. I installed the latest core update. Is there something I need to be doing to get the plane working in P3D? I will test some more tomorrow but just thought I'd ask if any know problems exist. Thanks.

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: P3D/172

Post by taildraggin68 »

Try re installing simconnect, I forget the exact path to it, but it is listed in the P3D FAQ section here

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

Please see the troubleshooting FAQ if you are having this issue. It sounds like you need to install the simconnect files.

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

kramerdc9
Airman

Post by kramerdc9 »

I believe both of you are correct. I see Microsoft ESP SimConnect Client V1.0.20.0 but not Microsoft Flight Simulator SimConnect Client V10.0.61259.0 under uninstall programs. However, I think my installation of P3D is corrupted. I can't seem to locate C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi. The path is not there. I have P3D saved on it's own hdd and nothing is there. I think it's missing. Does that mean my installation is corrupted and have to do a uninstall then reinstall? I just loaded it with FTX Global and I don't even know how to uninstall FTX Global first. This is going to be a nightmare if I have to do that. If anybody has the patience and knowhow on the uninstallation process of FTX Global and P3D, I'd appreciate the help- assuming I have to do this to solve the issue. Thanks.

Mazo
Technical Sergeant

Post by Mazo »

Do a left click on your P3D main folder. In the upper right corner of that screen, type in simconnect.smi. It should show the simconnect.smi's locations. Right click on one of them and then click on "open file location" and it will take you to the folder.

If indeed they do not show up, all is not lost as you can do a Repair from your P3D installation file. That "should" do a repair without the need to uninstall anything, including your other installed programs.

Good luck and hope this helps!
[*]2021 Jetline Systems GTX, [email protected], EVGA RTX 3080ti 12GB, 64GB Memory 3200MHz, Win11 64 Pro, P3DV5.3, FS2020

In memory of my fallen Brothers in Arms in Viet Nam - may they Rest in Peace.

kramerdc9
Airman

Post by kramerdc9 »

Mazo wrote:Do a left click on your P3D main folder. In the upper right corner of that screen, type in simconnect.smi. It should show the simconnect.smi's locations. Right click on one of them and then click on "open file location" and it will take you to the folder.

If indeed they do not show up, all is not lost as you can do a Repair from your P3D installation file. That "should" do a repair without the need to uninstall anything, including your other installed programs.

Mazo,

Thank you so much!!! I did what you suggested and did find it and realized redist was residing in the P3D folder all the time. I just didn't know what I was looking for. Anyway, I installed the FSX SP2 msi and it works like a charm. A2A 172 works just fine as of right now and P3D looks awesome!! What I'm not looking forward to is when P3D releases another patch and the work to install it looks complicated. I hope I can just use the installer instead. But that's another topic better discussed in the P3D forums. It's people like you and others in the flightsim community that I really appreciate. Again, thanks for your help and happy flying. :D

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Great to hear. Happy flying and remember those pre-flights!

Cheers,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Mazo
Technical Sergeant

Post by Mazo »

kramerdc9 wrote:
Mazo wrote:Do a left click on your P3D main folder. In the upper right corner of that screen, type in simconnect.smi. It should show the simconnect.smi's locations. Right click on one of them and then click on "open file location" and it will take you to the folder.

Mazo,

Thank you so much!!! I did what you suggested and did find it and realized redist was residing in the P3D folder all the time. I just didn't know what I was looking for. Anyway, I installed the FSX SP2 msi and it works like a charm. A2A 172 works just fine as of right now and P3D looks awesome!! What I'm not looking forward to is when P3D releases another patch and the work to install it looks complicated. I hope I can just use the installer instead. But that's another topic better discussed in the P3D forums. It's people like you and others in the flightsim community that I really appreciate. Again, thanks for your help and happy flying. :D

So glad that you have it running now and you are very welcome for the help! I just love it when a plan comes together :D Thanks for your kind words.
[*]2021 Jetline Systems GTX, [email protected], EVGA RTX 3080ti 12GB, 64GB Memory 3200MHz, Win11 64 Pro, P3DV5.3, FS2020

In memory of my fallen Brothers in Arms in Viet Nam - may they Rest in Peace.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”