Long time away, could use some help running Accusim update

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Bigfish14
Airman

Long time away, could use some help running Accusim update

Post by Bigfish14 »

Hello everyone, I'm just returning to FSX after a long time away. My new build is completed (i7-4770k, GTX 780SC, soon to be o/cd to 4.5Ghz) and I've reinstalled FSX< Acceleration, and my lovely A2A Cub, Spit and C172. All good.

However I've got stuck running the latest Accusim updater (A2A_Update_10_03_15.EXE), which needs to download a total of @200Mb of data to update the 3 planes. When I run it, I am getting a download speed of no more than 10Kbps, so the downloads just time out. I've run speedtests on my internet connection and get at least 5Mbps, so something is seriously wrong. I've re-downloaded, re-unzipped and re-rerun the .exe, same result. I've tried different times of day and night, same result. I've read most of the 40 pages following the Accusim thread, but I can't find a solution, and I apologise for starting a new topic on it. By its nature I can't use a download manager to get the updates.

I've run out of ideas, and I am desperate to update my beautiful planes!

Does anyone have a magic solution?

Best wishes
i9-10900k @5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Hero, 32 Gb DDR4-3600, RTX 2060, Acer Predator X34, FSXSE, Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo, Logitech Pro Pedals

RodSully
Airman First Class

Re: Long time away, could use some help running Accusim upda

Post by RodSully »

I just let mine run and went to get a cup of coffee. Don't give up. Don't know about the timeouts. Mine did not timeout during the download.
A2A 172
A2A 180

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Where about's are you located?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Bigfish14
Airman

Post by Bigfish14 »

Hi Lewis, I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've finally established that the problem is with my excuciatingly rubbish ISP, not my friends at A2A. So I followed Rod's advice ie patience, and managed in the end to get all 3 planes updated, by leaving the PC running for hours. Time to change to optical fibre ISP!!

Can I ask a follow-up question please? I may need to reinstal FSX/A cceleration if I can't figure out how I managed to screw up my UTX North America + GEX instal. Is there any way I can keep my up to date Spit, Cub and C172 and reinstal them into a clean FSX, without having to download all that Accusim data again?

Thanks as always for your support.
i9-10900k @5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Hero, 32 Gb DDR4-3600, RTX 2060, Acer Predator X34, FSXSE, Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo, Logitech Pro Pedals

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

If you back up all the files then yes, you will need to backup quite a bit dotted all over though and I cannot guarantee it will work 100%.

An alternative is to use the offline download type method described in the updater post that enabled you to create mock directories to download into and then back that up. Of course you will have to do this each update though.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”