F1 GTN 750 question

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
awreaper
Airman Basic

F1 GTN 750 question

Post by awreaper »

I am flying the 172 with the F1 GTN-750. I ran the aircraft config and have the 750 in the panel and it works and looks good. I just purchased a touch screen monitor that I want to run two 750s on it, one above the other. Do you guys know of a way to undock two of those and permanently place them on another monitor without having them disappear whenever I change views? Thanks in advance for the help.

Jimimac
Airman

Re: F1 GTN 750 question

Post by Jimimac »

Hi I used to run the gtn 750 on another touchscreen this was achieved by undocking the gtn and dragging over to the touchscreen and saving the flight, however this sometimes caused problems because of the complexity of the a2a aircraft and the gtn, flight one recommend starting fsx with a default aircraft then move to the desired airport and select the a2a and proceed from there, at first it's a bit of a pain resizing the gtn and then moving it I have made a couple of marks on my monitor for the length and height of the gtn so it's quick to resize and drag it onto the touchscreen monitor doesn't take any time at all

Jim

Kilstorm
Technical Sergeant

Post by Kilstorm »

I have a Faytech 10inch touchscreen and the GTN 750. I've never had an issues with it inside the sim in P3Dv2.4/5 and v3. If you are using FSX, well that could be another thing.

For me, I open the pop up window, right click on it, check Undock Window, use the left mouse button to click on the top bar and drag it to the smaller screen. Once on the smaller touchscreen by keeping the mouse key down I drag it up to the top of the screen and it will auto fill the screen. No resizing needed but could also be a feature of windows 7 to auto fill the screen.

From there I go back to the main screen and press alt+ enter to go from window mode to full screen and thats it.

Heres the GTN and a few other planes FMS/FMC being used.
https://vimeo.com/123157173

The A2A B-17 C-1
https://vimeo.com/126688253

And a demo flight
https://vimeo.com/124166475
i9-13900K O/C | ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | 32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY | RTX 4090 24GB | 2x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 990 PRO) 1x SSD (4TB Samsung 870 EVO) | Windows 11 Home | H20: HydroLux PRO:HardLine Tubing| 1000w PSU

Kilstorm
Technical Sergeant

Post by Kilstorm »

awreaper wrote: that I want to run two 750s on it, one above the other.
Just re-read that part. That too can be done as I sometimes will put the PFD and MFD of the Dash 8 on my other screen side by side. Just do everything I said above except instead of force a full screen just drag the sides to fill half the screen and then do the same with the second one. Your only issues is going to be running two of the same GPS's. While you can easily create a second GPS pop-up, not exactly sure with the GTN how it will like that. You might need to get a 650 to make it easier if you run into conflicting issues.

In this video you can see where I have dragged multiple windows on the two smaller screens and just use hot keys to open and close them to have more use of the screens.
https://vimeo.com/124695488
i9-13900K O/C | ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | 32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY | RTX 4090 24GB | 2x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 990 PRO) 1x SSD (4TB Samsung 870 EVO) | Windows 11 Home | H20: HydroLux PRO:HardLine Tubing| 1000w PSU

awreaper
Airman Basic

Post by awreaper »

I ended up buying the standalone GTN trainer that they have. With it, I can run it on a totally different computer to save resources on my main flight sim computer. So far so good.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”