Problem With Elevator Trim

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
josephlabracio
Airman Basic

Problem With Elevator Trim

Post by josephlabracio »

I use a Saitek X52 Pro to control my A2A AccuSim C172 Trainer. I run P3D v3, on Windows 10.
I have two buttons on my X52 to control elevator trim, up and down, on the C172.
When I press and hold the trim buttons, the elevator wheel on the C172 moves so slowly that you can hardly see the movement.
Is there a tweak I can use that would speed up the trim wheel?
Thanks, Joe Long

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Problem With Elevator Trim

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

how are you mapping the controls?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

josephlabracio
Airman Basic

Post by josephlabracio »

I'm running all controller functions through FSUIPC.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Joe,

Before you experiment with advanced functions in FSUIPC to adjust the trim rate, I'd suggest trying the "YOKE TRIM UP" and "YOKE TRIM DOWN" shortcuts available via the A2A input configurator (which can be accessed from the Windows Start Menu / A2A Simulations group).

These two shortcuts provide a trim rate which is apparently a very good match for the speed of the manual electric trim (MET) system in the real aircraft. You may need to create a profile in FSUIPC for the A2A C172 to unassign the trim function in FSUIPC from these buttons.

For advanced FSUIPC assignment to modify the trim rate, this topic may be helpful, though I think the parameter values of 256 suggested are a bit extreme and will lead to rather a fast trim rate. However, by using this 'offset' method you can set the trim rate exactly as desired. See page 31 of the FSUIPC4 User Guide for more info on this technique. :)

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Nick M wrote:Hi Joe,

Before you experiment with advanced functions in FSUIPC to adjust the trim rate, I'd suggest trying the "YOKE TRIM UP" and "YOKE TRIM DOWN" shortcuts available via the A2A input configurator (which can be accessed from the Windows Start Menu / A2A Simulations group).

These two shortcuts provide a trim rate which is apparently a very good match for the speed of the manual electric trim (MET) system in the real aircraft. You may need to create a profile in FSUIPC for the A2A C172 to unassign the trim function in FSUIPC from these buttons.

For advanced FSUIPC assignment to modify the trim rate, this topic may be helpful, though I think the parameter values of 256 suggested are a bit extreme and will lead to rather a fast trim rate. However, by using this 'offset' method you can set the trim rate exactly as desired. See page 31 of the FSUIPC4 User Guide for more info on this technique. :)

Cheers,
Nick
+1

Exactly my thoughts Nick, try mapping through our included config program any mapping in those will only affect the aircraft it is for, in this case our 172.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
In my FSUIPC setup , i put trim to a spare throttle/prop/mix lever , and set slope to max positive , this means its reasonably quick in movement , but in smaller quantities , in tha critical centre / norm trim movement band but moves more rapid on extremes , where you should never have the trim anyway , else you are in serious troubble .
This works very well for me , dont know if you have a spare throttle/prop/mixture axis or not , but if you do give it a try .
Regards alan. 8)

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”