trouble reinstalling

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
adamlewis45
Airman Basic

trouble reinstalling

Post by adamlewis45 »

after having a break from FSX for a few months i booted up the C172 and it wouldn't start, after going to the hanger everything was damaged, but the complete overhaul button would not work. so after removing all the a2a files i re downloaded the 172 of the website, but when i run the installer it says that i don't have the admin status for the required install, there is only one user on my computer so it defiantly has admin right. any ideas?
Thanks
Adam

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: trouble reinstalling

Post by Oracle427 »

Even the only account on the computer doesn't necessarily have full admin rights under all circumstances. Windows had some privileges that are only unlocked when one holds down soft and right chucks on the program and selects "Run as Administrator".

In addition you can trigger this behavior on every launch of a program by right clicking on its icon and selecting to option to run as administrator somewhere in those settings.

This is due to the Windows UAT framework that is designed to limit the damage a malicious program will cause given that the vast majority of Windows users operate their systems with an account with admin level privileges.

Your inability to overhaul problem indicates that a Simconnect issue and it may have to be reinstalled.

When you say you deleted the A2A files, did you uninstall our go to the folders in the FSX directories and delete the files manually, or both? Did you also delete the files in the My Documents folder?

Next, when you launch the flight simulator, what are the default flight parameters? Is out the Trike at Friday Harbor or a saved flight of your own? Saved flights can interfere with proper operation of these advanced add-ons thanks to the limitations of the sim engine.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: trouble reinstalling

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

yes you will need to run as admin is you are coming across OS issues. However the firts issue you mentioned would not be solved with a reinstall as the issue isnt with the C172 but the sim platform itself. Simply sounds like a simconnect failure or flight load issue. A check of the loading procedure or a simconnect reinstall would of have you up and running.

We never ever recommend the first step of troubleshooting to be a reinstall as it is rarely needed, takes longer and also invalidates any troubleshooting for the first issue causing frustration to the user/customer.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”