RXP GNS 430 No Clickspots

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
koffee
Airman Basic

RXP GNS 430 No Clickspots

Post by koffee »

I am having problems in FSX (Acceleration) with both the A2A 172 and 182 working with RXP GNS v2 430 & 530 (I own all products mentioned). The RXP units work in the default 172 in a popup window. I used the A2A Aircraft Configurators to set the RXP units which do display in the panel, but there are no click spots to turn it on. All other radios turn on and work normally. I assume with the A2A aircraft I do not need to use the RXP Menu options in FSX. The A2A default GPS units do have click spots.

I reinstalled the latest RXP versions. I ran the Accu-Sim update of 10_12_2017. I ran FSX with no other add-ins running. I searched on this forum but saw nothing additional to try for my situation. I am at a loss of what to try next. Any help or suggestions?

Thanks,
Kevin

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: RXP GNS 430 No Clickspots

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Kevin and welcome to the A2A forums.

The FSX version of the 172 currently doesn't have built-in support for the RealityXP GNSv2 units. These were released some time after the latest update to the 172, which currently has a configurator option for the original RXP GNSv1 units.

However, we are in the process of expanding support for third-party GPS products. A2A's Prepar3D v4 products already support the RXP GNSv2 units and we plan to bring support for the GNSv2 to the existing FSX Accu-Sim aircraft too.

In the meantime, it's possible to adapt the panel.cfg files yourself. More information on how to go about this can be found on the RealityXP support forum on AVSIM.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Nick

koffee
Airman Basic

Post by koffee »

Thank you Nick, that would explain things. And thank you for the link, that solution worked and helped a lot.

Kevin

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're very welcome Kevin.

All the best,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”