Heading bug

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
namron2
Airman First Class

Heading bug

Post by namron2 »

Hi all

I have a question about the heading bug adjustment:

I have quite an elaborate MOTION base sim and I use FSX. I have setup various controls, one of which is 2 buttons assigned to increasing or decreasing the bug setting. (I got the settings from FSUIPC) (heading bug inc fast and dec fast)
This was functioning great till, the other day, I noticed that, unless the AP is on, the bug adjustment is erratic (it kind of jumps about 1/2 inch each time I press it)
However, when I turn the AP off it goes back to normal smooth operation? (It does not do this with the stock172??

Also, the adjustment does not change from increase to decrease untill till I reset the AP? (it only moves clockwise?)

I should also add that the bug moves normally when using the mouse to control it.

Thank you

Norm

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Heading bug

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Norm,

I'll look into this and get back to you.

Thanks,
Nick

namron2
Airman First Class

Post by namron2 »

Great, thank you Nick

By the way "However, when I turn the AP on" should have read . And even off after that the bug acts normally?

Thanks again

Norm

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Norm,

I just checked this, and I'm afraid I can't reproduce the issue you describe. I'm running P3Dv4.3 and FSUIPC 5.132. Using the FSUIPC Heading Bug Inc (or Inc Fast) and Dec (or Dec Fast) commands the VC heading bug reacts as expected in each direction, both with the autopilot engaged in HDG mode and with it disengaged.

Any chance this is the old FSX control acceleration issue you're seeing? (http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=126672). If so, you could try ticking the "fix control acceleration" checkbox which is somewhere in the FSUIPC4 UI if I recall correctly. ('Miscellaneous' tab maybe?)

Thanks,
Nick

namron2
Airman First Class

Post by namron2 »

Am I impressed or what!!!

It sure looks like that would be the answer! I will give it a try today and let you know for sure.

Once again, your assistance is fantastic, thanks.

Norm

namron2
Airman First Class

Post by namron2 »

Hi Nick

Unfortunately the FSUIPC trick did not fix it.

Anyway, as it's more of a nuisance thing and has an easy work around,it's no big deal :shock:
Thanks again

Norm

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the update Norm.

If I think of anything else you could try, I'll let you know.

Cheers,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”