Disable Maintenance in C172 Trainer?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
donsa2a2
Airman Basic

Disable Maintenance in C172 Trainer?

Post by donsa2a2 »

Is it possible to disable the maintenance process in the C172 Trainer and still fly the aircraft?

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Re: Disable Maintenance in C172 Trainer?

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Hello,

Yes, there is the ability to turn off the damage and aircraft maintenance. In the controls menu, while sitting in the aircraft (shift 3), there is an option called DAMAGE. Select OFF, and your aircraft will no longer have damage. I'd recommend checking the maintenance hangar (shift 7) before turning damage off, just in case, and doing a complete overhaul.

Hope that helps! Have fun flying!
ImageImage
ImageImage

donsa2a2
Airman Basic

Post by donsa2a2 »

Thanks for that. Now I will go ahead and buy the C172. I'm a retired Aircraft Maintenance Engineer and I'm done with maintenance, just want to fly.

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

donsa2a2 wrote:Thanks for that. Now I will go ahead and buy the C172. I'm a retired Aircraft Maintenance Engineer and I'm done with maintenance, just want to fly.
Best reason ever :mrgreen: :mrgreen: However, a full restoration/repair won't take that long.
Enjoy!
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

To add, a complete overhaul has a bit of chance to it, for example with the compression levels, so its good to check those things after that :) You won't escape either way :mrgreen:

TBryson2
Staff Sergeant

Post by TBryson2 »

donsa2a2 wrote:Thanks for that. Now I will go ahead and buy the C172. I'm a retired Aircraft Maintenance Engineer and I'm done with maintenance, just want to fly.
You don’t actually have to fix it! :lol:

Just a simple mouse click or two. No money spent and no greasy smells!

If you treat your aircraft (as if it’s real) she’ll repay you with kindness for a long time. It’s really neat to see it “age” and develop normal wear and tear issues over time. (Thank you A2A!)

And I do understand where you are coming from. Most times I just want to experience the joys of flight.

TB2
TB2
Ocala Flight Sim Club
United States Marine Corps

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

CodyValkyrie wrote:Hello,

Yes, there is the ability to turn off the damage and aircraft maintenance. In the controls menu, while sitting in the aircraft (shift 3), there is an option called DAMAGE. Select OFF, and your aircraft will no longer have damage. I'd recommend checking the maintenance hangar (shift 7) before turning damage off, just in case, and doing a complete overhaul.

Hope that helps! Have fun flying!
If damage is disabled, does the rest of the sim, such as fouling spark plugs, still work ?

Thnx
i7 7700k (4.5 GHz) / GTX 1080 8GB - Gigabyte Windforce OC 3X / 32GB DDR4 2400 Hz (CL15) / Samsung EVO 970 plus M.2 nvme (1TB) / BeQuiet 650W PSU 50amps 12v rail -- (with P3Dv4, AS + ASCA / REX Texture Direct)

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”