Flight Controls Moving but not moving

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
TarikMerryface
Airman

Flight Controls Moving but not moving

Post by TarikMerryface »

Hello to all, love the company, love the products.

I havent touched flight sim at all in a while, and decided to get back to it. Since I'm a real world instructor, I was asked by a friend to record a basic lesson for him in my sim (so that he could "fly with me" on his) and I noticed that the flight controls are not moving, at all.

The controls have all been assigned correctly on FSUIPC, the control lock is out, and the aircraft flies fine. I can pitch, yaw, roll, but the associated control and control surfaces do not move, as if I were playing the recorded playback or something. I will record and share with you this phenomena. below.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Flight Controls Moving but not moving

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello,

If you can let us know which sim platform you're using (FSX, FSX-SE, P3Dv4, P3Dv4 etc.) it'll be a bit easier for us to help troubleshoot this issue.

Similarly, a bit of basic information on what hardware you're using will also be helpful.

Thanks,
Nick

TarikMerryface
Airman

Post by TarikMerryface »

So sorry. Using P3Dv3, W10

Hardware being used is Saitek Cessna Toke, Saitek trim wheel, saitek Cessna Rudder pedals. Saitek throttle quadrant

TarikMerryface
Airman

Post by TarikMerryface »

Also just noticed issues with the flight controls that i am not experiencing in other aircraft and platforms. all shown in the video below

https://youtu.be/AHm25jybDBo

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the additional info and posting the vid.

I think the first thing to try is a test with FSUIPC disabled. Basically just place the FSUIPC4.dll in a temporary folder and then open the sim and use the basic P3D controls menu to assign your essential axes. If the problem persists, at least we know FSUIPC isn't the culprit. If the issue disappears, we've identified a potential issue with the way FSUIPC is configured as the cause.

Cheers,
Nick

TarikMerryface
Airman

Post by TarikMerryface »

thanks for the reply!

Well that did it, disabling FSUIPC seems to have "fixed the issue." I'm impressed by your diagnostic skills!

What's the next step? Any way of disabling FSUIPC for just one aircraft? Or will have to manually adjust it each time?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome. FSUIPC is a powerful and useful piece of software (I use it myself) but it's always one of the first things to eliminate if there are any unexplained issues, particularly with the aircraft controls.

However, you should be able to set it up to work just fine with all the Accu-Sim aircraft. If you have an aircraft-specific profile for the 172, it's probably worth double-checking it or even deleting it. Also, make sure you don't have any conflicting control inputs set up in P3D itself.

Deleting the FSUIPC5.ini and setting-up the software from scratch is one option you may wish to consider too. It depends how complex your .ini file is I guess.

Thanks,
Nick

TarikMerryface
Airman

Post by TarikMerryface »

I have it in a specific profile, and I usually allow a good few hours for setting up the FSUIPC controls so that i can thoroughly verify multiple times that there are no conflicting controls. I might try and do what you suggest and simply delete the ini file and start from scratch. Not sure what else i can do really. thanks for the help. I'll post back here if it doesn't resolve the issue.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, if you have a special profile for the 172 your best best is probably just to remove that rather than binning the whole .ini file. It's getting a bit late tonight, but if you wish to paste the contents of your FSUIPC4.ini file here, I can take a look tomorrow to see if I can spot the problem.

Cheers,
Nick

TarikMerryface
Airman

Post by TarikMerryface »

thanks! I kept a copy of the ini but went ahead and started building the profiles from scratch. seems to be working just fine now. Problem solved! :D

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay - great stuff and good luck getting FSUIPC (re)configured. :)

All the best,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”