C172 in P3DV4.2 problem with atc window and nose wheel

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Magnus
Airman

C172 in P3DV4.2 problem with atc window and nose wheel

Post by Magnus »

Hello,

I am having two major problems with the C172 in P3DV4.2.

Evoking the ATC window in my A2A C172 makes it not usable. The menue items are greyed out and not responsive anymore. All threads having this topic point to an update. I have the latest update. "C172 Check for updates" says that it is the latest version. Going to "Radio Failures" and resetting them does not solve the problem neither.

My second show stopper is the nose wheel. When taxiing it is not turning when turning the rudder like it does with the Standard MS Cessna (that works in P3D though). Maybe I do get something basically wrong with handling the nose wheel? If so then please point me to it.

Thanks, Rgds,

Stefan

Magnus
Airman

Re: C172 in P3DV4.2 problem with atc window and nose wheel

Post by Magnus »

Magnus wrote:Hello,

I am having two major problems with the C172 in P3DV4.2.

Evoking the ATC window in my A2A C172 makes it not usable. The menue items are greyed out and not responsive anymore. All threads having this topic point to an update. I have the latest update. "C172 Check for updates" says that it is the latest version. Going to "Radio Failures" and resetting them does not solve the problem neither.

My second show stopper is the nose wheel. When taxiing it is not turning when turning the rudder like it does with the Standard MS Cessna (that works in P3D though). Maybe I do get something basically wrong with handling the nose wheel? If so then please point me to it.

Thanks, Rgds,

Stefan
Just answering to myself based on what I found out. The ATC Problem is a general one in P3DV4.2. I is due to a corruption of the Prepar3D.cfg File. Workaround is renewing the [ATC]-section of text entries (weird but works).

The issue with the nose wheel ... well... a new installation cured it. Not shure what it was.

TBryson2
Staff Sergeant

Post by TBryson2 »

I had an issue like that recently, turned out to be a failure in the radio stack.

Try this. Go to the top menu bar, Vehicle, Failures and "RESET ALL".

TB2
TB2
Ocala Flight Sim Club
United States Marine Corps

Magnus
Airman

Post by Magnus »

TBryson2 wrote:I had an issue like that recently, turned out to be a failure in the radio stack.

Try this. Go to the top menu bar, Vehicle, Failures and "RESET ALL".

TB2
Thanks. This workaround I have seen in various threads. It did not work with me. If the refresh of the prepar3D.cfg does not work in the long run I am thinking about following another advice to assign the atc-Numbers to some keys. Supposed to be possible via FSUIPC. Not shure if P3DV4.3 will help (I am still on .2) but I could not get it to run with all my ORBX addons. Primary loading after starting up the computer (which is already extremely long) did not come to an end there. Quite some pain ...

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”