A2A C172 Trainer Displays problem Radio/Panel Ann/GPS

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
KamilEPLR
Airman Basic

A2A C172 Trainer Displays problem Radio/Panel Ann/GPS

Post by KamilEPLR »

Hello,

Today, I buy A2A C172 Trainer in FsPilotShop. I bought this addon because of the very good reviews. I install this product in def folder.
I have problem with ann panel/gps and radio panel. Displays not working( black background without sign), but I can change frequency in radio so it's working, but i don't see value... Batery, Master Avionics is good, switches is on...
I was looking for solutions in this website, I check everything... but my screens still black. When I click in GPS ( in new window i see everything (def map P4D)

I use P4D. My Nvidia drivers is actual( i check it).

Can You help?

Best regards,

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: A2A C172 Trainer Displays problem Radio/Panel Ann/GPS

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the A2A forums.

Please can you just clarify if it's only the GPS screen which isn't switching on? If so, which GPS option are you using?

Thanks,
Nick

KamilEPLR
Airman Basic

Post by KamilEPLR »

Hey, thanks for fast answer.
No, I don't see text(freq) in radio panel, transponder, annunciator panel. I think...I have technical problem with display values...
Default GPS, is black, but when I click mouse in display in VC panel, I see in new tab ( a right/down screen) correctly my GPS, but only in this window.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the info.

Please can you just verify if you've turned on the individual power switches on each of the units in the radio stack? This functionality is modelled, unlike with the default FSX/P3D Bendix King avionics.

It may also be worth checking (clicking) the circuit breakers for the avionics too.

If neither of these suggestions resolve the issue, please can you confirm if the following file is present in your installation...
  • Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_C172\panel\C172.dll
It may be possible that antivirus software 'quarantined' it during installation.

Best regards,
Nick

KamilEPLR
Airman Basic

Post by KamilEPLR »

Nick, Thanks for your post. I check everything( I told about it in my first post. I check, switches, circuit breakers... I try use auto start opction. It didn't help.

Hmm... I have this file in my panel folder. I check "quarantined"- I don't have any A2a files.
Any ideas?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks,

Please can you advise if the C172 installer which you downloaded installed an update during the installation process? This should bring your version of the C172 Trainer to 18.11.27.0 as described here.

It may help to diagnose the issue if you can post a screenshot showing the panel. There are some tips here on how to attach images to forum posts.

Regards,
Nick

KamilEPLR
Airman Basic

Post by KamilEPLR »

Good ( or not good)morning, beacuse I can't fly in VFR arround Warsaw :(

Hmm, When I installed trainer, automatically, program installed update 18.11.27.0 . Now I have this version trainer.

Say me, I have my Prepar3Dv4 in disk D, but i choosed when i ask default folder in disk C, In Kamil->Documents->A2A-> P3D->Cessna172 i don't have files, but i have two files .dat in FSX. Maybe this is problem?

KamilEPLR
Airman Basic

Post by KamilEPLR »

And for information when i turn on Radio stack () i see backlight but i don't have frequency and GPS :/

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks Kamil,

That confirms that the DLL is present as the clock is functioning. It looks like the avionics bus is being forced to an 'off' state by something. Do you have any other software or hardware installed which may be overriding the sim controls, or otherwise interfering? Modules like FSUIPC for example?

The log.dat files being present in the 'FSX' directory as opposed to the 'P3D' one is as intended. However, one troubleshooting step you can try is to delete both the "v2_C172RLog.dat" file and the "C172RLog.dat.f". This will reset the state of the 172, and also remove any persistent avionics frequencies.

Also, please can you check you haven't missed the circuit breakers for the avionics buses. They're not visible in your shot.

Regards,
Nick

KamilEPLR
Airman Basic

Post by KamilEPLR »

Hey,
So, I uninstall FSUIPC- now i have the same problem... I don't know why... Only i Use sceneries, FTX Global, Ultimate Terrain Europe, FreeMeshX, TOGA Envtex + AS for P4D, SODE for P4d... I have problem with radio/gps only in this aircraft... Please help.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello,

Did you try the suggestion I made above regarding the log.dat files?

Thanks,
Nick

KamilEPLR
Airman Basic

Post by KamilEPLR »

Hey. I uninstall all addons, reinstal P3dv4 and now panel is OK. Thanks for support. I don't know what's wrong, but now My Cessna C172 is ready for departure :))

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update Kamil - happy to hear that you're back in business.

Best regards,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”