patch

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
j0nx
Airman Basic

patch

Post by j0nx »

OK so after 20 minutes of foolery I am here and downloaded the version of the 172 on the old site only to find out it doesnt add the update feature to the a2a start menu. I need to update my 172 because it is full of bugs with 4.4 and causing frame rate losses and no view panning etc. I filled out some form in your instructions etc etc. Where do I get the ability to update this product to the most recent version that works with 4.4? Also if you guys are looking for a way to make this process MORE difficult (assuming that's possible) then I am available to help.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: patch

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello j0nx - welcome to the A2A forums.

We moved over to a new e-commerce system earlier this year, along with new installers for P3Dv4 products. To migrate your existing purchases to the new store where you'll be able to download the new installers, please just follow the steps in this pinned announcement (it sounds like you may already have filled out the Google form).

Transferring purchases to the new system and awarding customers their 'A2A flying hours' (loyalty points) is a manual process so please bear in mind it may take a couple of days, especially over the Christmas period.

Apologies if this is inconvenient, but the new store system offers some definite advantages including the loyalty points discounts mentioned above.

Thanks,
Nick

j0nx
Airman Basic

Post by j0nx »

Yes it is inconvenient. Very in fact. Basically I have to wait some untold amount of days before I can use a product that I paid for because it is causing problems with the sim. This kind of stuff really aggravates me and you guys aren't the only ones to do it. LM and LR are the kings of making me wait days before they reauthorize my codes if I ever need them to. I guess the honest customers are the ones that have to pay for the dishonest ones. Such is life...

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Sorry that you feel that way, but account transfer requests are processed as quickly as possible.

Regards,
Nick

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

I'm sure it will be processed very promptly, but do keep in mind these are the holidays and this is a manual process to award you with flying points that can be credited toward future purchases.

The 172 is also among the older P3D compatible products and continues to be updated to support the latest sim engine technology and Accusim features. A2A is undergoing various improvements to their site to make the process simpler. You are going through a ONE TIME conversion from the old store to the new store to gain access to the simplified update procedure. Had you purchased your product a little more recently, you would already downloaded and have been using the new integrated updater. A little patience will reward you with a 100% self-service update experience. This really doesn't have much to do with anti-piracy.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

j0nx
Airman Basic

Post by j0nx »

Well it's been two days and still nothing shows up in the store to download? Should I be expected to wait three days? Four? Five? Just what is the timetable for the new download to show up in my new account and how long should I be expected to be 'patient' for something I already purchased? It's this kind of stuff that makes me not want to buy the 182 or any of your other products. You could tell I was frustrated when I made the post 2 days ago yet nobody took the effort to appease the customer and click a few boxes for 5 seconds to make sure the download showed up in my account and make me a happy customer. Support is everything boys...

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Hi and welcome to the wonderful world of Accu-Sim!
I'm sure they do what they can to help, A2A have the best customer service I've ever experienced in the flight sim community.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello j0nx,

It's just slightly unfortunate timing I'm afraid.

It's the weekend before Christmas and Lewis who looks after the store database has been pretty tied-up with family matters. Sorry that you've had wait a couple of days for the store transfer, but please remember that we're just people with regular lives too.

Apologies that I'm not able to help with this issue myself, but I'm sure Lewis will work through the transfer requests as soon as he's able to.

Merry Christmas!
Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

I will get you migrated across as quickly as possible. Sorry for the delay but it is Christmas and as has been mentioned this process has been advertised and open since May 2018, 7 months ago.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”