Saitek Yoke Hat Switch Inop after Cessna Upgrade.

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
sage
Airman First Class

Saitek Yoke Hat Switch Inop after Cessna Upgrade.

Post by sage »

New Post
After updating both the A2A C172/C182 using your UPDATER, my Saitek hat switch, once again only works pushing upwards. I've had this same problem once before (posted May 24, 2018) but it was caused (?) by a P3D v3 to v4 upgrade, cured by reinstalling this platform.
If I uninstall both Cessna's, the hat switch works normally with the remaining aircraft.

OS Win 10 Pro, P3D v4.4 platform, all hardware Saitek.

I'm reluctant to reinstall P3D for each time a new glitch occurs.

Any thoughts?
Thanks, Pat

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Saitek Yoke Hat Switch Inop after Cessna Upgrade.

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Pat,

can you please describe the exact issue you are encountering and in which situations as I am not sure if you mean its just with certain aircraft or certain situations or what you may have looked into control mapping wise?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

sage
Airman First Class

Re: Saitek Yoke Pan Switch Inop after Cessna Upgrades.

Post by sage »

Lewis, prior to using the Updater for the A2A C172 and C182, the PAN switch on the Saitek Yoke worked in all four directions for ALL aircraft including your Cessna's.
After updating the 172 and 180 the pan switch now only works when push upwards. I'm not a computer whiz just a pilot practicing using the P3D v4.4. As I said before it has happened before, but I reinstalled P3D and miraculously the PAN switch worked in all directions. This time I simply updated A2A's 172/182 and the pan switch now Only Works when you push Upwards. If I delete the 172/182 the pan switch works in all four directions for the remaining aircraft. This is the only way I can describe it. I hope I clarified it.

I've seen this problem on other sites but with different apps causing this issue.
Thanks, Pat
P.S. I don't know what control mapping is.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

thanks for the confirmation Pat. Control mapping is how you tell the simulation to use your controls. Have you check your controls mapping for this in the sim, in case the sim has set it so that it is set to only work forwards?

You can do this in P3D settings and also from your start menu A2A Input config tool for the specific aircraft.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

sage
Airman First Class

Post by sage »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

thanks for the confirmation Pat. Control mapping is how you tell the simulation to use your controls. Have you check your controls mapping for this in the sim, in case the sim has set it so that it is set to only work forwards?

You can do this in P3D settings and also from your start menu A2A Input config tool for the specific aircraft.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
I went into P3D settings (no mention of where in settings); went into A2A input settings (I don't know how to use it), got lost there, too. Not intuitive enough for me.

I uninstalled P3D's major files: P3D v4 professional, content, scenery and professional client. I reinstalled the whole package (took over and hour) and all is working. It took an uninstall and a reinstall again to correct this same Hat switch (pan) glitch.

This is the second time, same problem (pan switch works only upward) where this has happened regarding A2A aircraft (all I did was an upgrade of both 172 and 182); and it took an uninstall/reinstall again of P3D to correct the panning problem. I will think twice before upgrading or a purchase. I spend more time fixing software glitches than flying the sim.
Pat
P.S. just installed revisions for two MilViz aircraft—WOW NO GLITCHES, I can't believe it!
Frustrated!!!
Last edited by sage on 10 Jan 2019, 13:01, edited 2 times in total.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Pat,

For future reference, there's a choice of two different control APIs on the Options → Settings → Controls → Other screen. These are "direct input" or "raw input". Lockheed Martin have stated that the default raw input is the preferred method, but the deprecated direct input method can be used if problems are encountered with specific controllers such as in your case.

Thanks,
Nick

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

I am getting an error on that link:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method bbcode::bbcode() in /home/prepar22/public_html/forum/includes/functions_content.php on line 630

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Same here at the moment Hook. Presumably it's a database issue with the Prepar3D forums.

Nick

sage
Airman First Class

Post by sage »

Nick - A2A wrote:Hello Pat,

For future reference, there's a choice of two different control APIs on the Options → Settings → Controls → Other screen. These are "direct input" or "raw input". Lockheed Martin have stated that the default raw input is the preferred method, but the deprecated direct input method can be used if problems are encountered with specific controllers such as in your case.

Thanks,
Nick
Nick, thanks for your quick response. The direct input" or "raw input" choices were tried the first time I had this problem—made no difference.

The more complex these programs become the harder it is to solve the glitches. But I thank you, and the rest of you guys for trying to help! Glitches are a way of life in the sim world; I must adjust to that fact, and be more patient, or toss the computer in the recycle bin.
Cheers from the US, Pat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yes, and I think most of us 'serious simmers' have FSX/P3D installations which are particularly challenging when it comes to trying to pin down problems Pat. As well as the usual variations in OS, hardware and configurations, there's an almost endless combination of different flight sim add-ons and utilities to be taken into account.

It's great to have such a choice, but it sure doesn't make the troubleshooting part any easier. :?

Cheers,
Nick

PolarVortex
Airman Basic

Post by PolarVortex »

What was posted at the P3D forum was to be sure you don't make any 3rd party aircraft (A2A C172 in my case) your default scenario in Prepar3D.
I deleted all scenarios with my newly purchased A2A C172.
It was mentioned that complex aircraft loaded as default scenarios cause all kinds of strange issues and not always the same for everyone. My buddy who bought his C172 around the same time as me had an issue with the wheels dragging or being half buried.
I've had this issue for almost a week and finally today I saw the thread stating this fact.
Not only did it fix my views issue, but it fixed an aileron bank to the left issue. Work around was binding aileron trim to my stick.
Now I can focus on learning!
Hope this helps.

Polar Vortex

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the post Polar Vortex and welcome to the A2A forums.

That's a good suggestion as saving the default flight so that it uses a complex add-on (i.e. one which includes custom code) often seems to cause problems when the sim initialises itself. I think the chance of an upset is increased if other utilities and add-ons (even complex scenery) are being initialised at the same time.

Cheers,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”