Vacuum issue C172

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Domziman
Airman Basic

Vacuum issue C172

Post by Domziman »

Hi

I haven't used my C172 for about 2 weeks when i used it today again it keeps on giving me a vacuum error and the Gyro doesn't want to work, can you please tell me what to do? i have tried to repair the aircraft but it says my cessna is in very good condition

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Vacuum issue C172

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Domziman - welcome to the A2A forums.

To start with please can you tell us which flight simulator you're using, Microsoft Flight Simulator X, Prepar3D v3 or Prepar3D v4?

Also, can you confirm if you've clicked the engine cowling in the maintenance hangar (Shift 7) and checked the condition of the vacuum pump? If so and it's shown in green, do you have any other software installed which may be triggering a failure of the native FSX/P3D vacuum system?

Thanks,
Nick

ilya1502
Staff Sergeant

Post by ilya1502 »

Here is a thing. A2A likes a clean sim. This happens to me, if I load an A2A aircraft after some other complicated aircraft or if I set A2A aircraft for the default flight. Try changing your default flight so it uses something simple like the default C172.

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

ilya1502 wrote:Here is a thing. A2A likes a clean sim. This happens to me, if I load an A2A aircraft after some other complicated aircraft or if I set A2A aircraft for the default flight. Try changing your default flight so it uses something simple like the default C172.
Agreed.

I had the same problem with the vacuum pump on the C172 and it went away when I started a new flight with a simpler aircraft before loading the C172. Now I have a save file with the 172 that I always load if I am flying that aircraft.

Hook

Domziman
Airman Basic

Post by Domziman »

I am Using FSX Steam edition, i have tried reinstalling the product but for some reason no luck to getting it solved. i have been using the plane with no isues, just all of a suddent it started doing that

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

as mentioned in the thread, how are you loading the aircraft, have you tried a new flight, have you made sure the aircraft is not set as the default flight which can cause flight load issues in the sim.

Are you also all updated?

The latest FSX Accu-sim updater can be found here;
https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewto ... 08&t=57819

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

svaughn01
Staff Sergeant

Post by svaughn01 »

I know this is an old thread, but the same thing happens to me in the 172 and the 182. Had no problems before, then all of the sudden, I get the same thing described in the above comments. I have everything updated. I have noticed that if I do a walk around of the plane then startup via checklist, I get this problem, but I dont know if it has anything to do with it or not. If I go into the sim, and auto start, I dont have this problem. Im gonna do some more testing and I will update with the results. Oh yeah one more thing, I thought it might have been the saved flights, so i deleted all of my saved flights, so I just pick the 182 or 172, then go into the sim as uisual, same result.

svaughn01
Staff Sergeant

Post by svaughn01 »

Test #1. Start fsxse, choose 172, get to the airport, cold and dark is auto on, go thru all of the checks, walk around, start the engine, vacume failure, Gyro doesnt work. Click cold and dark again, then auto start, it starts up with no problems. Click cold and dark, then start it via checklist without the walkaround, starts right up no problems. Click cold and dark, did complete walkaround, startup via checklist, start up no problems.

svaughn01
Staff Sergeant

Post by svaughn01 »

Test #2. Closed FSXSE, restarted FSXSE, chose the trike, went to the airport, then chose 172, went thru the walkaround, started the plane via checklist, static failure and Gyro doesnt work. Same result. Clicked cold and dark, Auto start, plane started with no problems.

svaughn01
Staff Sergeant

Post by svaughn01 »

Test #3 Did a reinstall again, with the update, started fsxse, chose 172, went to airport, did walkaround, started plane via checklist, same result, static failure, Gyro doesnt work. Shut plane down, did NOT click cold and dark, only clicked auto start, plane started with no problems.

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

Try this: Start FSX:SE, load the 172, manually click cold & dark, try starting using the checklist. This may do something different from auto cold & dark. I am interested in whether this might help and I can't test it myself as I don't have the problem currently.

Hook

svaughn01
Staff Sergeant

Post by svaughn01 »

Test #4 Started FSXSE, chose 172, went to airport, clicked Cold and dark, did walkaround, started engine via checklist, same result, vac failure, Gyro doesnt work. Shut down the engine, did NOT click Cold and dark, clicked Auto sart, engine started, everything works.... doesnt make sence.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

can you please delete the 172 update folder and re-apply the latest Accu-sim updater;
https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewto ... 08&t=57819

Also can you please re-apply simconnect as its sounding a bit like maybe a corrupt flight load due to a faulty FSX. FSX has been known to get corrupted over time requiring eitehr reinstalling, a repair or most commonly a simconnect reinstall.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

wblackret
Staff Sergeant

Post by wblackret »

I have also experienced the same issues, not for some time though. Reinstalled SimConnect and this resolved the problem for me. It happened right after installing the Milviz DHC2 Beaver. My assumption was that during the new product install, somehow SimConnect was corrupted. Hasn’t occurred since.
Bill Black

C172,C182,250 Comanche,J3 Cub,P-40,Bonanza
MSFS, P3Dv4.5
JETLINE GT2
W10,Z390 PRO MB,9TH GEN I7 9700K 4.9 GHZ (OC),KRAKEN M22 120 MHZ CPU LC,32 GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE 3200 GHZ RAM, EVGA 8 GB RTX 2070 SUPER,850 WATT CORSAIR PS,2TB CORSAIR SSD.

svaughn01
Staff Sergeant

Post by svaughn01 »

Thanks for the replies, I did as you said Lewis, I deleted the 172 update folder, I downloaded the latest Accu-Sim updater and ran it, I reinstalled all of the simconnect, still same result, vacume failure and Gyro doesnt work.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”