P3D V4 UPDATE

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
ehutte
Airman Basic

P3D V4 UPDATE

Post by ehutte »

Slight confusion about P3D V4
I just installed V4 and see that my A2A 172 needs updated to work with V4?
Apparently I purchased the 172 from the old store because the new store did not recognize me. I have now made 2 accounts on the new store, the first one let me in and said I have no purchases but when trying to log in the next day said it could not find my email address so I tried again.

I have also came across a post pointing me to a form to fill out to convert from old store to new store which I filled out.

I also filled out a contact us form on the site and still have had no contact with anyone

Am I missing a step or just being impatient?

And am I correct I don't need to purchase the plane again to work with v4?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: P3D V4 UPDATE

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello ehutte and welcome.

If you've already created an account on the new store and filled out the short Google form, then Lewis should be able to transfer your purchase(s) from the old store to the new one. However, please bear in mind that this is manual process and make take a day or two.

As regards repurchasing, was your previous purchase of the C172 for one of the earlier versions of Prepar3D? If so, it's not necessary to repurchase for v4; however, if the original purchase was for FSX then you'd need to buy a P3D licence.

Thanks,
Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

can you please follow the instructions on the migration again please as I cannot find you in the store. Please note the request will have been skipped if the information given did not result in a new account being found or old orders being found. Please follow the step by step guide to make sure you are all set. Filling out the migration form alone will not result in any movement if the information results in nothing being found.

As noted on the step by step instructions this is not an instant migration and can take a few days.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

ehutte
Airman Basic

Post by ehutte »

I have followed the instructions, created 2 new accounts in the new store and now filled out the migration form twice!
My old email is the same as new [email protected]

I found myself in the old store under the correct username and my old order number is #118230. This order was for the C172 for P3D V3. The only thing I have ever purchased from A2A and probably the last thing I will ever purchase as this exercise is unduly complicated and unnecessarily.
Not sure why we are airing account info and account support info on an open forum, I believe such things should be handled in a more professional manner like the support request I filled out in the form of a contact us request

Unfortunately you didn't read that email either as I stated I already went thru all the steps correctly. Your reply wa to follow the steps!?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

sorry you feel this way. I would advise against posting details in the open forum, this is why we have not asked you to post.

I tracked down your request and have correctly processed the second one you filled out.

Just for reference, your first one as explained was skipped because the information included 1 email address which resulted in a missing account, with nothing to move. Your second request however was filled out correctly and included both email addresses so we could find and ID both your new and old accounts and move accordingly including the discount points in the process.

This is why there are 3 questions on the form urging users to include ALL emails they may have used with us so we can get you and everything associated with your account moved across for users who use multiple email addresses.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

ehutte
Airman Basic

Post by ehutte »

Glad it's all sorted out but I was asked to use this forum by you instead of my private email message I sent in the form of a contact us request and the other email address I added in the second form submission was never used on A2A, I was only grasping at straws since you stated I couldn't be found my the email address I first gave you which is still the email address I use to log into the old store.

That last word I will say on this matter is I am very happy with the products I have purchased from A2A and feel I have learned a lot of valuable info from flying the sim with your planes and hope and believe it will translate to less hours required for my PPL

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Ahh its a mis-understanding then. All support is via the forums here, any issue or question we invite everyone to simply ask here in our transparent open public forums, however if personal data is needed its not normally in the first few posts so when its needed a PM on the forums is normally requested by a staff member. As stated on the contact us page for the website do not have any support via Email.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”