Shift Keys

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Jonbhoy
Airman Basic

Shift Keys

Post by Jonbhoy »

Hi

I have recently installed the C172 and am having real issues with the Shift keys. I have initially used EzDok but have now switched to ChasePlane. running P3DV4. The issue I have is that when I am in the virtual cockpit, the Shift keys do not work so I cannot access the Hangar etc. When I change the view to Cockpit, if I right click the mouse, it gives me the option to undock the window. I can then eventually undock all the windows and have access to the various pages that way. The Shift keys then work. However, when I leave P3DV4 and then go back in, the situation reverts to how it was. I have scoured Google for info on this. Answers vary from reinstall SimConnect to ensure the keys are mapped to the relevant view. Nothing seems to work but undocking the window. Any help would be appreciated.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Shift Keys

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Jonbhoy and welcome to the A2A forums.

Please can you check if the "Shift + 1" etc. key combos are still assigned to "Panel window 1 (display/hide)" etc. functions within P3D? It may also be worth checking that these same key combos haven't been mapped in ChasePlane or any other software.

If these functions do still have the original key mappings in P3D, please can you verify if you can use them to open the 2-D panels in default P3D aircraft such as the Maule M7?

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”