Lost Engine Noise in C172R, Piper Commanche 250

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
fasurveyor
Airman

Lost Engine Noise in C172R, Piper Commanche 250

Post by fasurveyor »

Looking for 'help' or a 'solution'. I attemtpted to do a flight using my A2A 172R and was confronted by a 'silent cabin'. Engine noise 'outside' worked fine. I went to a basic FSX C172SP and had engine noise inside as well as outside. I have the software for the C172R which I purchased through 'FS Pilot Shop'. It has worked flawlessly since I did the original 'install' last year.

I went to the 'A2A Forums' and after a lengthy investigation, saw that there has since been a 020419 thread with a link for an 'update' on the 'Accu-Simm' posted by 'Scott - A2A'; that affected ALL previoulsy purchased A2A air craft. As this would affect my previously purchased A2A Commanche 250 and my Cessna 182T, I downloaded the updates and 'applied' as directed with no other software or programs running. This 'update' for 'Accu-Simm' found all 3 of my A2A Aircraft and applied the 'update' to each, as they were discovered. I rebooted my PC and started FSX. Still no engine noise in the cabin for the A2A C172R or the Commanche. Additionally, on both the yet 'affected' mentioned, I've gotten an 'error message'. I do not understand how to post that 'image' here.. it reads:

'..\..AccuSim_Lua_Source\Accusimm2.lua:18636: attempt to compare nil with number.'

This was the identical response to both when called to load either aircraft from the FSX aircraft menu list under A2A.

I do have engine noise in the cabin for the A2A Cessna 182T.

Any assistance in this matter to recover engine noise for both the C172R and the Piper Commanche 250 would be 'helpful'..

Thank you for your anticipated reply.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Lost Engine Noise in C172R, Piper Commanche 250

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello fasurveyor,

By default, the Accu-Sim sounds effects will play through your default Windows playback device. However, if you've installed the latest Accu-Sim update as mentioned, you can select the playback device using the "Accusim Sound" menu available from the top FSX "Add-ons" menu.

However, as you mention internal sounds are present in the Cessna 182, the first thing to check is the position of the volume control for both the 172 and Comanche. This can be found towards the bottom left of the Shift 3 "Controls" menu and can be adjusted by clicking the "+" and "-" symbols.

Thanks,
Nick

fasurveyor
Airman

Post by fasurveyor »

Nick A2A; Thank you sir! I'm grateful for your help!.. I've been 'chasin' this issue since 4AM EST!... I tend to get myself in trouble, but this time I managed to get help fast enough to prevent another self made disaster!... Thank you very much! It took me a bit to adjust the volume, as I kept hitting the 'elevator force'.. not realizing it... :oops:

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're very welcome! Glad to hear the problem is now resolved and thank you for posting back with the update.

All the best,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”