Force feedback yoke

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Hannes
Airman

Force feedback yoke

Post by Hannes »

Hello everyone, I have the hardware and software for a Force Feedback Yoke from "BFF Simulations" The system works well with the standard aviators. Unfortunately not with the C172. Does anyone have any experience or an idea of ​​what it could be ?. Thanks in advance....

Here is a link how the system works on a standard aviator. Unfortunately not with the C172: https://readycloud.netgear.com/client/b ... e%20System

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Force feedback yoke

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

I am not sure I follow, what is a standard aviator?

Can you please give us as many details as possible about the exact hardware you are using, its name, model etc

Also as much about your setup, hardware, sim platform and software etc.

Also if possible upload to youtube as I am not keen on a downloading a random file from a cloud sharing site out of the blue. Best to use youtube to display a video.

The more information about the issue and context you provide the better we can help and advise.

Thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Hannes
Airman

Post by Hannes »

OK thanks.
For standard aviators I actually mean original airplanes from the Prepar3D.
My system: P3D V4, FSUIPC5 (registered), A2A Cessna 172 with latest update, full homecockpit with Airmanager, Mobiflight and BFF simulations for trim wheel and force feedback yoke
Link to BFF Simulations: http://bffsimulation.com/FFB-yoke-1.php
The yoke works with P3D original airplanes perfect, but not with the Addon airplane A2A Cessna 172.
I wonder if the A2A Cessna 172 for elevator and aileron uses other offsets? Or I am thinking in the wrong direction?
Link to video on youtube: https://youtu.be/71bavwrrXZU
The video shows the yokes' self-contained movement while changing the course in autopilot mode.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

here is the thread with the variables, you can also use FSUIPC to pull the used variable

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewto ... 08&t=40389

I cannot be 100% sure however if the FFB method used here will work with a complex simulations including those such as our Accu-sim simulations which make use of simconnect to inject our own simulation engine into the sim and turn off/by-pass many default relaxed simulation or non-existent functions. It may be tied to relaxed realism, arcade style aircraft such as the defaults I am afraid.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Hannes
Airman

Post by Hannes »

I found out that the yoke sends the control directly to FSUIPC. Not as an axis but to the offset from the P3D. The aileron control works perfectly. The elevator twitches and goes mostly to high altitude. Could possibly be related to the elevator trim axis? How does Accusim communicate? Could the axis input from FSUIPC and an A2A internal software calculation get in the way? There is no joystick connected to the system. External sources of interference so excluded. Many Thanks

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”