Error Message- Attempt to Call a Nil Value

The Low Wing Wonder
new reply
piperpilot42
Airman

Error Message- Attempt to Call a Nil Value

Post by piperpilot42 »

This topic came up in the past but don't see whether there was ever a fix. I am getting this error message whenever I load the Cherokee 180 in FSX...not everytime but often. I can sometimes get around it by loading a different aircraft 1st and then ending the flight. It is not just an error message...you lose functionality and sometimes cannot access the maintenance hangar. Is there a patch or someway this can be corrected? I love flying the 180 but will go to another aircraft if this continues to happen. Any suggestions, guys?

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Error Message- Attempt to Call a Nil Value

Post by Oracle427 »

It is necessary to load a stock aircraft before launching the A2A aircraft. In fact, that should be done for any add on aircraft. The engine doesn't self initialize properly if you launch directly into many types of add on aircraft.

So launch into the sim with something like the default 172, then select the A2A aircraft you wish to fly. There are many issues, some subtle, some not that can manifest if this procedure is not followed.

Also be sure to download and apply the latest patches no matter how recent you downloaded the addon.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

I get the 'attempt to call a nil value' with all maintenance items red and all fluids emptied if I fly one A2A plane and then load another A2A plane without exiting the flight and starting a new one. I'm not particularly bothered by it because I know how to prevent it, but maybe take note if this is how it's happening to you.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

It can also depend on your default flight, so if you are using an add-on aircraft in your default flight you will want to revert that back to a default.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

piperpilot42
Airman

Post by piperpilot42 »

Thanks for the advice. Will load a stock FSX default aircraft first and hopefully that will solve my problem!!!

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180”