Autopilot problem

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
PurplePoulpe
Airman Basic

Autopilot problem

Post by PurplePoulpe »

Hello

I have reinstalled totally my FSX a few days ago but when I try to fly my Pa28 I have a problem with the Autopilot, it starts normally with all the lights on but while only the green light should stay on and the others turn off, here, the altitude hold light is on (only the light, not the altitude hold) and the green light is off, I've tried to disable the altitude hold by pressing the button on the left top of the yoke but nothing happens, it's impossible to disengage that altitude hold or engage the other modes of the autopilot.

Has somebody here encountered this problem ?

Thanks !

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Re: Autopilot problem

Post by lonewulf47 »

PurplePoulpe wrote:Hello

I have reinstalled totally my FSX a few days ago but when I try to fly my Pa28 I have a problem with the Autopilot, it starts normally with all the lights on but while only the green light should stay on and the others turn off, here, the altitude hold light is on (only the light, not the altitude hold) and the green light is off, I've tried to disable the altitude hold by pressing the button on the left top of the yoke but nothing happens, it's impossible to disengage that altitude hold or engage the other modes of the autopilot.

Has somebody here encountered this problem ?
When did you encounter this problem? Inflight or on ground still? Remember that after switching the A/P Master to ON the ALT HOLD light will only go out when the gyro is at its full speed. This can take up to three minutes according to the manual, however in FSX this time is somewhat shorter. Still after some time the ALT HOLD light should go out and the green ready light should come on.
Oskar

ASUS MAXIMUS XI Hero, i9-9900K 8 Core OC 5.2 GHz, WIN10-64Bit, 32GB DDR5, Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Strix, 2x 2 TB SSD M.2, 1x 2 TB SSD, 1 monitor 4k, AS4, EFB on remote PC

PurplePoulpe
Airman Basic

Post by PurplePoulpe »

Seems like I've lost my good habits after a month of holydays !
After waiting a bit more, the Alt Hold light goes off, the green goes on

Thanks ! :D

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by lonewulf47 »

PurplePoulpe wrote:Seems like I've lost my good habits after a month of holydays !
After waiting a bit more, the Alt Hold light goes off, the green goes on
Ok, sounds reasonable... :wink:
Oskar

ASUS MAXIMUS XI Hero, i9-9900K 8 Core OC 5.2 GHz, WIN10-64Bit, 32GB DDR5, Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Strix, 2x 2 TB SSD M.2, 1x 2 TB SSD, 1 monitor 4k, AS4, EFB on remote PC

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”