Problems with Transparency

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
AnkH
Airman

Problems with Transparency

Post by AnkH »

Hi all,

I realized that I have a very strange phenomenon going on on my computer: everytime I use my A2A Cherokee, the transparency of the 2D panel windows (walkaround, hangar, map etc.) is a notch increased. I can go back into the FSX.cfg and change the transparency back to 0%, but as soon as I open one of those subpanels in my Cherokee, the transparency is again increased. Then, the next time, again a notch more. This continues to the moment where the 2D subpanels are barely visible anymore, then I have to change it back to 0%, only to start all over again.

Is this a known bug? Or is it unrelated to A2A Cherokee? I use the DX10 mode with Steve's Fixer.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Problems with Transparency

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi - not a known bug that I'm aware of, but here's a couple of suggestions which may help...

Is it possible you're inadvertently clicking on the little minus sign at the top of the A2A 2D pop-up windows now and again? This adjusts the 2D panel transparency (the minus makes it more transparent). At any rate, this would be a more convenient way to set transparency back to 0% than going into the FSX.cfg. (the slider to adjust panel transparency can also accessed in the aircraft display settings).

Failing that, it could be a control conflict. By default no keyboard/joystick command is assigned to "panel transparency (decrease)" in the FSX controls settings. May be worth checking this is still the case.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

AnkH
Airman

Post by AnkH »

Hmm, might be that this is somehow the issue, yes. I use DSR and because of this, the subpanels are reduced in size. Possible that using DSR also slightly misalings the clickspots and this increases the risk of clicking on the "increase transparency" next to the "x" for closing the subpanel. Have to check that, thanks for the heads up.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Also just to add that the transparency setting can be changed under your settings, you don't need to edit any cfg's.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

AnkH
Airman

Post by AnkH »

Yes, I know, but as soon as I touch the settings tables in FSX, this will revert my LOD_RADIUS and my TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD settings in my FSX.cfg as well. I anyway use the lovely freeware tool SIMStarter, there you can easily change the settings as well and without the risk of reverting other settings back.

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”