INstal help

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
heisenberg
Airman Basic

INstal help

Post by heisenberg »

Help! If I did not shave my head daily, I would be pulling my hair out by now! I was so excited when I purchased the cherokee from a2a. However, I can't get it to work. I have windows 7 OS (updates installed), FSX deluxe with service pack 1 and 2 installed. DirectX 11 (with updates), SDK files from FS disk 1 installed. My transparency is set to 0. I have un installed everything ans started from the beginning and I have restarted my computer after loading each program Yet, I can not use the product.

All of my default aircraft run fine even with the following Saitek hardware; Pro Flight Yoke system,switch panel, throttle quadrant (tri lever), radio stack, and multi panel. When I load the Cherokee in FSX, it seemingly loads normal. I can use my mouse to operate some controls ie, dash switches, levers, fuses. door, trim, and lights. Even my switch panel operates some of these functions as well. My steering yoke is centered and not secured by a seat belt. I have some electrical power to operate lights, but can not get power to the dash or starter. I also can not get any of the SHIFT(number) commands to operate. I can see a black box appear for a fraction of a second on the screen, but that is it. As I said, transparency is set to 0. Changing the transparency number does not work either.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: INstal help

Post by Oracle427 »

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 16&t=40126

Check this FAQ thread. You might need to install simconnect, but double check everything posted here.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

yes it sounds like you have a simconnect issue not allowing the panels to load or worst case scenario your SP2 install is corrupt and requires a repair.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

heisenberg
Airman Basic

Post by heisenberg »

I have tried everything listed in all of the FAQ posts, I have installed all updates, I have reinstalled all suggested programs and updates, including SDK files service packs 1 and 2, simconnect etc. I tried removing controls and using mouse, no change. I have read the manual (not much help, by the way). I have been through almost every cherokee related post looking for answers, which all seem to be the same, with no change. I don't know what else to do. I am just shy of reformatting my computer and having to sit through the 11 billion MS updates and restarts.
I read in one of the posts in which someone was using the P3 platform (whatever it's called, the non MFS platform) and they had similar issues to me. I thought that it was interesting. Could it be my Firefox browser? :x :?
So, ANY additional support would be appreciated.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

One remote possibility is that the "[trusted]" section of your FSX.cfg is the culprit and is preventing the Accu-Sim module from loading. When you first load up the A2A Cherokee you need to let FSX 'trust' the new A2A modules.

The default file location of the FSX.cfg in Win7 is as follows: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.cfg

Basically you'll need to open the file with a text editor, go to the section titled "[trusted]" and ensure that each line that refers to A2A ends with the number 2 (not -2). Alternatively, just delete the whole FSX.cfg file and a new version will be created next time you start the sim.

Cheers,
Nick

...Edit: tried duplicating your issues with some FSX.cfg [trusted] secton changes and couldn't, so I doubt this is the cause. Deleting FSX.cfg is often a good basic troubleshooting tip though.

Also, this further SimConnect troubleshooting advice from the Spitfire FAQ may be worth a look:
Scott - A2A wrote:I Cannot See My 2D Panels

Open your SETTINGS / CUSTOMIZE / AIRCRAFT and make sure your 2-D Panel Transparency is moved all the way to the left (0%).
- Run the Microsoft DirectX installer here: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35

Microsoft SimConnect may be corrupt
How to fix SimConnect:
You can test if simconnect is working by opening up the default Cessna 172 and check to see if you have gauges. If you do not have gauges, then SimConnect is probably not working.

To fix Simconnect, there are two solutions.

AUTOMATIC:
- Run the Microsoft DirectX installer here: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35

MANUAL
To fix Simconnect, do the following (thanks to Aerosoft for posting these instructions):
- Go to the Control Panel / Add-remove programs.
- Ensure You have "show all updates" enabled.
- Find and select "Microsoft Flight Simultor X SP2".
- Click "Remove" and confirm that You will unistall SP2.

At this point You might not be able to find Your "Microsoft Flight Simultor X" entry in the Add/remove list, so.......

-Close the Add/remove program window and open it again.
-Find and select "Microsoft Flight Simultor X SP1".
-Click "Remove" and confirm that You will uninstall SP1 (might require FSX Disk 1).
-Go to this folder:

C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\

-Delete these entries 3:
x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.60905.0_....
x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61242.0_....
x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61259.0_....

- Insert Your "Microsoft Flight Simultor X" Disk 1.
- Run Setup from the root folder on the CD.
- Select "Repair" and ok. It can take a longtime to finish and progrees might seem as if it has haltet. Just wait until it finishes.
- Install SP1.
- Install SP2.
A2A Simulations Inc.

heisenberg
Airman Basic

Post by heisenberg »

ok,
I have spent the last four hours deleting service pack 2, then 1, I was unable to find the x86 files in winsxs folder as they did not exist. reinstalled FSX in repair mode. I reinstalled a2a piper. getting fatal error and crash of fsx. W...T...F... am I doing wrong. I don't think that it is the software, I've got something else going on so, please keep helping me! I really do appreciate the effort, and I So want to play (yes, play) with this plane!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hey heisenberg (er - Walt?). I appreciate that this must be pretty frustrating and it sounds like you've done everything correctly. As Lewis mentioned, some corrupted SimConnect files or something else in your FSX installation sound like the most likely culprit.

Do you have other complex add-ons installed into your sim that are likely to use SimConnect or anything like FSUIPC? I think when you're troubleshooting this issue, it'll also be helpful to disconnect some of your advanced hardware like the radio stack and multi panel.

If possible, I think it'll be best for you to perform a complete uninstall of FSX and a clean install. After you've run the uninstaller for the Cherokee and other add-ons, uninstall FSX itself. Then, use the Windows search facility to manually delete any folders that still contain FSX or A2A entries. (Can give you a list of a few suggestions if this'll help.)

If you can do this, when it comes to reinstalling from disk I'd suggest not using the default install path in Windows but a separate directory/drive (assuming you don't already do so)...

Good luck!
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

it sounds like a complete reinstall of FSX is needed, including a reinstall of the Cherokee + updater. Remember also the FSX Service Packs if required and also the the requirements such as the direct X9.

thanks,
Lewis

heisenberg1
Airman Basic

Post by heisenberg1 »

Ok, it's still me. Different screen name. You should figure out why as I explain what has transpired in the last two days.

I followed the advice given and I discovered that for some reason, service pack 2 did not install completely. Ran the install again and it loaded. My hopes were high. I opened my flight sim and it crashed with a fatal error. Restarted computer and tried it again without success. Same fatal error. Out of frustration, I reformatted my computer to factory settings. Loaded FSX closed and opened program running well, restart load SP1 opened FSX again running well, restart load SP2 opened FSX still running well. Loaded saitek controls, Opened FSX everything checks out. restart and loaded Cherokee, loaded up date. Directx failed to update unknown error. Install of Cherokee finished. Opened FSX all ok controls and everything. I change to the Cherokee, game froze and crashed with a fatal error.

I could not remember my previous password or email account for heisenberg so I created a new account. (sorry Mods)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

here's the Direct X9 direct from MS, give this a go;
http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download ... x?id=34429

thanks,
Lewis

heisenberg1
Airman Basic

Post by heisenberg1 »

Ah! Lewis! with much enthusiasim, I followed your suggestion. No success.. Becoming increasingly more agitated.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

When reinstalling your FSX did you delete all left over files?

Did you run the installers as administrator?

And lastly after installing are you making sure to restart your system to ensure correct installation.

thanks,
Lewis

heisenberg1
Airman Basic

Post by heisenberg1 »

I have tried everything. Twice reformatted my PC to factory new, all windows 7 updates done, Reloaded everything with restarts as instructed, excluded loading controllers, sp1 sp2 sdksp1a Cherokee update, my fsx works fine. open Cherokee and I get a fatal error. My Cherokee dvd must be corrupt. I am at a loss.

heisenberg1
Airman Basic

Post by heisenberg1 »

by the way, this is not an April Fools joke.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

A2A distributes their software via digital download only. I'm not sure if a DVD can be corrupt if the install completes successfully, but I would have to defer to A2A for their thoughts on that.

Can you post the exact error you are getting or a screenshot of it on dropbox or some other site?
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”