Damed Hand Break

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Damed Hand Break

Post by Ron Attwood »

Mike? Who's Mike?

Cheers, Mike
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

chewit
Airman First Class

Post by chewit »

Nick
Yes I have already done that but looking on the forums a lot of people must have dirty hardware but only for the A2A Cessna 172 180 and Cherokee
REgards Mike :lol:

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Mike,

In that case, have you made sure both your sensitivity and null zone are exactly as shown in this image? (borrowed from the thread I linked above.)

Also, note this advice from one of the participants:
tcd223 wrote:Setting the sensitivity and null zones as per your screen shot only worked for me once I went through the recalibration of my rudder pedals. Perhaps others having this problem could see if that helps? For what its worth, I am using Saitek Pro Flight pedals.
Using the brake test utility is pretty self-explanatory. Just open it then fully depress and release your toe brakes and check the response. Then move your rudder pedals without operating the toe brakes and check there's no brake input shown. (I don't use rudder pedals myself, but understand you'd need to move them with your heels only to accomplish this.)

Cheers,
Nick

P.S. Also worth pointing-out that the brake logic has been improved since the linked thread which is quite old.
A2A Simulations Inc.

chewit
Airman First Class

Post by chewit »

Nick
Egsact settings as yours but with CH pedels I will Re-run the latest update again and see what happens
I once many years ago had an old Cortina estate If I turnrd to right the door used to fly open Before the days of the MOT I hasten to add I fixed that by pop riveting a bolt to the door I wish I could do that in FSX
Regards Mike

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Mike,

Not sure what else to suggest in that case. Just a quick question to try and pin down the cause of your issues. When you fully deflect your rudder pedals and don't deliberately depress the toe brakes, does that A2A brake test utility show any brake input?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

chewit
Airman First Class

Post by chewit »

Hi Nick
With the settings you show The brake Test shows 100 in all 3 boxes
Cheers Mike

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

chewit wrote:With the settings you show The brake Test shows 100 in all 3 boxes
That's with the parking brake on right? What do you see if you release the parking brake and just deflect your rudder pedals without any deliberate brake input at all? All the readings should be 0 but if either the left brake or right brake is showing a +ve value, that'll be what's causing the parking brake to release.

Ideally, try fully depressing and releasing your toe brakes a few times, and check that those values always return to 0. :wink:

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

chewit
Airman First Class

Post by chewit »

Hi Nick
Done all that ''Given up''
I think this must be some kind of friction issue in these A/C as i does not happen in any other
Thanks for all your time and effort
Regards Mike :P

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”