The Flight1 GTN 750 remain in inop state in the Cherokee 180

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
chuckpoole4
Airman

The Flight1 GTN 750 remain in inop state in the Cherokee 180

Post by chuckpoole4 »

Hi,
I installed my Flight1 GTN 750 in the A2A Cherokee 180 (latest update) and the GPS/NAV switch displays the INOP label all the time. The GTN 750 CDI/GPS button has no effect. It will not follow a course using the 750. The GPS 400 works great. I removed the newly installed GTN 750 using the A2A install utility and it goes back to the original state with the GPS 400. The only time the INOP label is not present is when the GPS 400 has been selected through the shift+3 menu. I installed the GTN 750 using Flight1's installer and it works fine as long as the GPS 400 is being displayed on the panel at the same time and the GTN 750 pop-up is being displayed. Is there any was to disable the INOP label so I can use the GTN 750 after installing it with the A2A installer?
FYI - I'm running Windows 10 and Steam. HP Computer Envy i5 12gb ram 4gb quad core GeForce video card. All software is up to date.
Thanks,
Chuck

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: The Flight1 GTN 750 remain in inop state in the Cherokee

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hey Chuck,

It doesn't sound like you've run the "Cherokee Aircraft Configurator_FSX" (available from the "A2A Simulations" Start Menu group) which enables the F1 GTN 750 to be integrated into the virtual cockpit.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

chuckpoole4
Airman

Post by chuckpoole4 »

I sure did Nick. Several times in fact. I installed it and restored it about 3 times using the A2a Config manager for FSX. It appeared to install correctly except INOP would not go away. Sad to say, I didn't work for me.
There's a:
Cherokee Aircraft Configurator_FSX
And Cherokee Aircraft Configurator.exe
I tried them both. What do you think I'm missing Nick?
Chuck

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay thanks Chuck. It seems a bit odd that you've got both a "Cherokee Aircraft Configurator" and "Cherokee Aircraft Configurator_FSX" available - I only see the latter. You mention in your initial post that "all software is up to date" but I'd suggest manually deleting the following folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\A2A\Cherokee180\Update_fsx

Then downloading and re-running the latest update from here: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=41279.

Something else to try is right-clicking the aircraft configurator and selecting "run as administrator".

If none of this helps, Lewis from A2A will probably have some better suggestions. :) (Maybe a clean reinstall?)

Cheers,
Nick

P.S. If all else fails, you could try manually renaming the "panel_F1_750.cfg" file so that it become your active "panel.cfg" file, but try the above steps first.
A2A Simulations Inc.

chuckpoole4
Airman

Post by chuckpoole4 »

Well Nick, I did everything except a clean re-install and I still have the INOP Label on the NAV/GPS switch. :(
I'm at a loss at this point..
Chuck

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Chuck,

I'm still not 100% clear from your description whether the GTN 750 is completely inoperable/unavailable in the virtual cockpit (and just usable as a pop-up) or if it's purely an issue with coupling the device to the NAV1 CDI/glideslope indicators to allow use with the autopilot.

The 'INOP' label on the GPS/NAV switch on the panel itself doesn't indicate a problem as this function is handled via the GTN 750 touchscreen interface. However, I seem to recall a similar topic in one of the forums whereby an edit to the GTN config file was needed to get things working properly. I also recall from some previous topics mentioning that AVG antivirus software caused issues with the aircraft configurator.

Hopefully one of the GTN 750 experts here can step in with some advice. :) However, if you haven't got a GTN 750 option in the shift + 3 menu, a full reinstall may be the best way to go as recommended here.

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

chuckpoole4
Airman

Post by chuckpoole4 »

Hi Nick,
I went into my archive drive and copied the backup panel folder from the original install. I then used the configurator to install the GTN 750 into the panel. The INOP label is still there however, the Cherokee now follows a direct track, as set, where before it would just go where it wanted to. LVAV and VNAV are also working. The GTN 750 now controls the input nav data source. Not sure exactly what fixed the problem but you can't argue with success. Thanks for all your help Nick. :D
Chuck

P.S. There's not one aircraft developer out there that can come close to the quality of A2A

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Great to hear you've managed to fix it Chuck. :)

All the best,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Wardster
Airman

Post by Wardster »

GPN 750 was freezing every once in a while on me; right-clicked on GTN Simulator in the Garmin folder and set it to "Run with graphics processor"/"High performance... processor" (nVidea in my case) and has been fine since.
FSX:SE w/3D Lights Redux, Accu-Feel, Accu-Sim C172, C182, J3, Comanche 250 and COTS 377. P3D w/C182 & COTS 377.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Remember the Flight1 gang have a support forum too so any GPS issues a post or read over there sees most people up and running quickly.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”