Inputs set via configurator dont work when 5 joysticks conne

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
EvilJoven
Airman

Inputs set via configurator dont work when 5 joysticks conne

Post by EvilJoven »

I'm running P3D 2.5, the most up to date A2A Comanche and Cherokee and FSUIPC.

When I have 5 controllers connected (Warthog stick and throttle, CH pro throttle and pedals) all the controls I have mapped in the A2A Comanche input configurator work fine.

When I have an xbox 360 controller connected as device 5, all controllers mapped via the configurator stop working on both the Cherokee and Comanche.

The configurator sees all the controllers properly, none of the devices seem to send inputs to the sim properly. All 5 controllers work in game.

Is there any fix for this? The only work around I've found so far is to launch Prepar3D and then connect my controller.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Inputs set via configurator dont work when 5 joysticks c

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

can you please just confirm the platform version you are using?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

EvilJoven
Airman

Post by EvilJoven »

Not sure what you mean by platform.

For P3D I'm running Prepar3D academic v 2.5.12945.0

My A2A is updated to 9_16_18
Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

can you please just confirm the platform version you are using?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

TBryson2
Staff Sergeant

Post by TBryson2 »

Not sure if this will help, but hopefully so.

I have P3D, and the appropriate FSUIPC. I have at least 5 seperate devices connected all of the time. One thing I noticed (and may be related to your issue) is that FSUIPC, P3D and the input configurator recognizes any individual “joysticks” independently and not as the same joystick.

For me the input configurator sees my Cessna switch panel as "joystick 3" when in fact on my system it is "joystick 1". (FSUIPC sees it as ”joystick 4”) I had to go into the correct "axisConfig.cfg" file for the 172 and modify the parameter to read Magneto_Inc. joystick:1:button:19 instead of Magneto_Inc. joystick:3:button:19

Example, the Comanchee has a seperate left and right landing light switch. My Cessna switch panel has a “taxi” and a seperate “landing” light switch. Using A2A input configurator, I strapped the seperate “taxi/landing” switches as “left/right”. At first I was unsuccessful in making it work. Then I noticed that input configurator was “sensing” my switch panel as a different joystick as FSUIPC and as P3D. This gave me the idea that there was a joystick identification conflict.

In short, your A2A input configurator may be incorrectly plugging in the wrong joystick and that is your problem.
TB2
Ocala Flight Sim Club
United States Marine Corps

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

EvilJoven wrote:I'm running P3D 2.5, the most up to date A2A Comanche and Cherokee and FSUIPC.

When I have 5 controllers connected (Warthog stick and throttle, CH pro throttle and pedals) all the controls I have mapped in the A2A Comanche input configurator work fine.

When I have an xbox 360 controller connected as device 5, all controllers mapped via the configurator stop working on both the Cherokee and Comanche.

The configurator sees all the controllers properly, none of the devices seem to send inputs to the sim properly. All 5 controllers work in game.

Is there any fix for this? The only work around I've found so far is to launch Prepar3D and then connect my controller.
Hi.
One thing that sticks out to me is WHY do you have an XBOX 360 controller installed on the PC or is it a duel XBOX 360/PC controller.
regards alan. 8)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

the xbox controllers are usb and mixed use Alan.

As TBryson2 mentions I believe the issue will be control ID related. I know P3D changed a bunch of things in this area but you will need to upgrade to a later version to get the upgrades.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

EvilJoven
Airman

Post by EvilJoven »

I doubt it's the joystick IDs. They're all in the proper order in everything I can check (I've done a LOT of work fighting with joystick IDs in the past in order to deal with the issues of having so many controllers attached) and all of my devices are properly identified and working everywhere except for the A2A input configurator, including native control mapping in P3D as well as control mapping in FSUIPC. The only thing not working is controls mapped via the input configurator and only when 5 devices are connected.

Has this issue been identified on any of your test devices running P3D 2.5? Unfortunately purchasing an updated version of P3D is not an option for me.

EDIT: just played around a bit more. The controls actually being passed to the sim are cross wired. Even though everything appears to be mapped correctly and even the input configurator app is showing the proper devices, in game it's not correct. My flight stick is controlling carb heat instead of my throttles.

Shame, but I've already found a work around.

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”