lost my steering

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
LouP
Senior Airman

Re: lost my steering

Post by LouP »

Oh, of course.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Lou,

Thanks for testing the manual installation of the Accu-Sim file. Once other thing which we need to verify is the exact installed version number of the various P3Dv4 components. I don't think you confirmed this when I originally asked here, so please can you check the version number as shown in the two links below.
Nick M wrote:Make sure the P3D platform itself is properly updated. For example, please can you double-check the installed P3D version numbers as shown here and here?
Thanks,
Nick

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

Hi Nick,

Per uninstall or change program 4.2.221.24048 same in P3D under the help menu.

LouP

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks Lou - we're not much closer to finding the culprit are we?

I'd still put my money on a conflict with another add-on. You mentioned that you have a lot. Any chance you could list them?

Thanks,
Nick

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

If I had to pick I'd suspect SPAD.next as it may have done something to simconnect but I tested it without running it and had the same results. For what it's worth to you, my majestic Dash 8 won't work now either. Seems like the more expensive add-ons will not work on my system for some reason and its very disappointing.

LouP

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

Hi Nick,

Would you know which version of C++ I should have on the pc to have simconnect working properly?

LouP

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I'm beginning to the think the Cherokee is working fine, but the P3D and its config is not working, be it controls or otherwise. For example how are your controls configured in the simulation, P3D allows two types of input modes for example.

Best to turn off and disable things like FSUIPC also. You will ideally want to troubleshoot in as much a default environment as possible.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

Hi Lewis,

I will give it a try but please keep in mind this is not just a control issue, the aircraft is "shot" (per the maintenance hanger window) and can not be repaired in the maintenance hanger when using the new accusim.dll. When I try and use the autostart button in the pop up window, all I get is a little puff of smoke. I hope this helps. I am also working with Majestic and to fix the dash 8 and I think the problems are connected somehow.

Thanks,
LouP

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

Hi Guys,

I don't know if this means anything but I just noticed as the plane is rendering in the preview pane, the pilot is face down in the baggage compartment of the 180 ??

LouP

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

That is normal.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yeah, A2A 'hide' the aircraft occupants within the 3-D model Lou. This allows them to be dynamically swapped-around without reloading the aircraft.

I agree with Lewis that systematically disabling various add-ons until you find the culprit is probably the best bet... Other than a complete clean reinstallation of P3D itself, which I know you're not keen on.

Cheers,
Nick

P.S. I'm away from home at present, so can't advise on the C++ library I'm afraid.

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

Based on some test I ran with Majestic, it looks like I have a Direct X issue. I am doing my best to resolve it. I'll let you all know how it turns out.

LouP

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

Lou sneaks in...... Guess what... I got it working :-) It was a bad xaudio file and what a nightmare trying to replace it, but I did it and she is working just fine now.

Where's my comanchee?? :-)

LouP

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hey Lou,

That's good news indeed! :D Thank you for letting us know - the issue was certainly an odd one. Just for future reference, what was the filename of the file in question?

Thanks,
Nick

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

They were D3DX9_43.dll and one of the Xaudio dll files, I believe number 7. A bugger to replace because of the protection surrounding the windows folder.

LouP

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”