lost my steering

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
LouP
Senior Airman

Re: lost my steering

Post by LouP »

Let me know if you want me to test the new installer complete with the update included when it's ready, I've got nothing to loose.

LouP

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

sorry but the issue isnt with the installer otherwise we would be doing that.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

LouP - also, if there is an issue with the *log.dat files (located in the folder I mentioned in my previous post) an updated installer won't help at all. That's why I suggested you try deleting them.

Thanks,
Nick

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

So I guess I did something really stupid. I purchased the T6 because I really wanted an accusimed radial and was hoping that the accusim included with the new T6 would not require an update and maybe even get my 180 working. Nope, everything worked great except the steering in the t6 so I needed to apply the accusim update once again. Now all the controls won't move on the t6 just as with the 180. I deleted the .dat files and that didn't help. I also let the aircraft install to the default P3D v 4 location in the my documents folder on my c drive this time.

LouP

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

LouP,

have you check your control settings in P3D, P3D presents two types of input and not all controllers work with both.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

Hello,

I don't know of any types of inputs for controls. Again, it's not just the controls. Both the 180 and the t6 are broken as mentioned before and the overhaul button does not do anything, battery is dead, tires are shot, etc., etc., etc.

Lewis, isn't there a programmer that can chime in and at least say what the update does and changes. If I know what it changes, maybe I can at least try and find the problem myself.

Thank you,
LouP

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello LouP,

Lewis is referring to the choice of two different control APIs on the Options → Settings → Controls → Other screen. There's a choice of "direct input" or "raw input".

As far as I'm aware, the most recent Accu-Sim update simply replaces the "A2A_Accusim.dll".

Thanks,
Nick

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

Thank you. Is there anyway to tell what versions I have of accusim and the aircraft after they're already installed. It feels like I have some kind of mismatch going on. I purchased these at PC aviator, not here.

LouP

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

OK, just got home. Here are the details to my accusim. Is this the latest one?

File description: Flight Simulator Gauge
Type: Application extension
File version: 1.0.0.0
Product name: Accusim
Product version 1.0.0
Copyright: Copyright (c) 2017 A2A Simulations Inc.
Size: 870 kb
Date modified: 10/12/2017 4:04 PM
Language: English (United States)

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

I spent a lot of time trying different things out last night. I saved a copy of the "updated" accusim.dll file and uninstalled and reinstalled the aircraft again. Again, after the re-install everything worked fine in both aircraft except they will not steer. I exchanged the updated accusim.dll with the original that came with the install file and both aircraft were no longer functional. I then put the original accusim.dll back in and everything was fine except for the steering once again. This behavior was the same in both the 180 and t-6. I would think that if it were a simconnect issue, both accusim.dll files would be not work but it's only the updated accusim.dll that is causing a problem on my system. If someone here at A2A can tell me what the specific differences are between the two, maybe I can narrow down where the conflict is happening and hopefully correct it. Someone here must know what changed between the two.

Thank you,
LouP

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

The 10/12 update is supposed the fix the steering issue on P3D v 4.1 installations. That's all it does. It was a quick fix deployed to fix a problem introduced with the release of P3D v4.1

Have you tried switching between direct and raw input on the controls as suggested? Some users have experienced problems with this int he past that were resolved by switching input method.

Based on this last post it sounds like you are now able to overhaul, etc.?
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

I'll give it a try but not sure what the inputs have to do with the repair shop not working. Who knows, I'll try anything at this point. ;-)

LouP

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

Thank you for trying but that did not work. I can try anything now pretty easily since all I need to do is swap out the acusim.dll when I test.

LouP

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

I am very confused. Just above you wrote that everything worked after reinstall except for the steering. At what point did the maintenance hangar stop working again?
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

After the accusim update. Probably because I spelled everything out in detail so many times now. :roll: I understand not wanting to go back and read this whole mess. But short story is I install, everything is ok EXCEPT for steering. I install accusim update that is supposed to fix the steering and everything breaks. There is a change in the accusim that doesn't agree with my pc and I can't do anything to fix it without understanding what changed. Also pardon me if I sound frustrated but I've been dealing with this for a very long time now and am not getting anywhere. If you do go back to the beginning of this post you may see why I feel like I am just answering the same questions over and over. Do not mistake my frustration with not appreciating the help.

I hope this is more clear again

LouP

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”