Autopilot Buttons Missing When Yoke Removed/ Garmin 400

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
piperpilot42
Airman

Autopilot Buttons Missing When Yoke Removed/ Garmin 400

Post by piperpilot42 »

When I remove the yoke to see the switches behind, the autopilot buttons that appear on the yoke do not show up lined up beneath the gauge on the dashboard. I thought that happened automatically when the yoke is hidden. Any suggestions?

Also, is there info available online re programming a flight plan into the panel mounted Garmin? Cant seem to find anything in you tube. If anyone has a link it would be appreciated.

Much appreciated

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Autopilot Buttons Missing When Yoke Removed/ Garmin 400

Post by Nick - A2A »

The yoke-mounted autopilot switches should be visible when the yoke is hidden at the point where its shaft would protrude through the panel. However, depending on your sim installation, this feature is dependant on having installed an Accu-Sim update since purchase, so this would be the first suggestion.

For FSX, the "learning centre" accessed within the initial sim menus gives some guidance on using the default GPS system if I recall correctly.

Cheers,
Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

the update is here;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 16&t=57819

That should see you good for the AP as Nick mentions.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

piperpilot42
Airman

Post by piperpilot42 »

Nick M wrote:The yoke-mounted autopilot switches should be visible when the yoke is hidden at the point where its shaft would protrude through the panel. However, depending on your sim installation, this feature is dependant on having installed an Accu-Sim update since purchase, so this would be the first suggestion.

For FSX, the "learning centre" accessed within the initial sim menus gives some guidance on using the default GPS system if I recall correctly.

Cheers,
Nick
Thanks Nick...I neglected to install the update...will take care of that ASAP. Any problems will be back for help. RE the panel mounted Garmin...I am running the A2A sim under FSX SE...the learning centre that you refer to, would I find that in the A2A sim or in FSX? (I'm a veteran pilot but my computer skills have unfortunately lagged far behind!)
Thanks again & cheers...Mike

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome Mike - hopefully once you've got the update installed, you'll see the extra autopilot buttons along with a few more fixes and features. The "learning centre" is a feature of FSX itself - here's a pic of where you should be looking.

Cheers,
Nick

piperpilot42
Airman

Post by piperpilot42 »

Nick M wrote:You're welcome Mike - hopefully once you've got the update installed, you'll see the extra autopilot buttons along with a few more fixes and features. The "learning centre" is a feature of FSX itself - here's a pic of where you should be looking.

Cheers,
Nick
Thanks Nick, have installed the update and the autopilot buttons appear as you said...thanks!!! Will research the learning centre for more info on the Garmin GNS 400

Cheers
Mike

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome!

Nick

piperpilot42
Airman

Garmin 400 Multileg Flight Plan. Current Weather

Post by piperpilot42 »

Nick M wrote:You're welcome!

Nick
Researched the learning centre as you suggested however didnt find too much there as it was extremely general however on You Tube there is a video entitled "Flying the GPS with Ease- Multileg Flight Plans" with every move detailed and was extremely helpful (by chwood01). Would highly recommend if anyone has a similiar problem. Only problem is that you have to first run the flight plan with a stock microsoft aircraft or else the A2A Cherokee sim locks up and spits out the "Nil Value" error. The same problem seems to arise with anything other than "fair weather"...I attempted to change Current Weather from "Fair" to "Instrument" weather conditions after I had first loaded a stock Microsoft aircraft and the Cherokee wouldn't run. Anyway way around this or is it something I have to live with when running the A2A Cherokee under FSX SE?

Thanks again Mike

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

piperpilot42 wrote:(...) Only problem is that you have to first run the flight plan with a stock microsoft aircraft or else the A2A Cherokee sim locks up and spits out the "Nil Value" error. The same problem seems to arise with anything other than "fair weather"...I attempted to change Current Weather from "Fair" to "Instrument" weather conditions after I had first loaded a stock Microsoft aircraft and the Cherokee wouldn't run. Anyway way around this or is it something I have to live with when running the A2A Cherokee under FSX SE?
Must admit, I've rarely used the default GPS Mike, so not sure if that's 'normal' or not. The weather issue is definitely a strange one though. Is you default FSX flight still set to load a stock Microsoft aircraft?

Thanks,
Nick

piperpilot42
Airman

Post by piperpilot42 »

Nick M wrote:
piperpilot42 wrote:(...) Only problem is that you have to first run the flight plan with a stock microsoft aircraft or else the A2A Cherokee sim locks up and spits out the "Nil Value" error. The same problem seems to arise with anything other than "fair weather"...I attempted to change Current Weather from "Fair" to "Instrument" weather conditions after I had first loaded a stock Microsoft aircraft and the Cherokee wouldn't run. Anyway way around this or is it something I have to live with when running the A2A Cherokee under FSX SE?
Must admit, I've rarely used the default GPS Mike, so not sure if that's 'normal' or not. The weather issue is definitely a strange one though. Is you default FSX flight still set to load a stock Microsoft aircraft?

Thanks,
Nick
Nick

I'm not a big fan of the default GPS either. What would you recommend installing that is compatible with the Cherokee and can you provide the link? As far as the weather quirk, I initially attempted to change the weather with the Cherokee 180 installed (after 1st running the stock C-172) and the program froze...I unbuckled the seat belt and the aileron and the control yoked stayed in the lock position and wouldn't move. When I started over, ran the C-172 aircraft, changed the weather conditions and then changed the aircraft Note:left the weather to the changed setting) to the A2A Cherokee the weather worked fine. I hope that my detailed explanation explains it better.

Thanks Mike

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey Mike,

you can check the manual but units supported are the Flight1 6/750, the Mindstar 4/530 (in FSX) and the RXP 4/530 (in FSX). Some other options will be appearing for P3Dv4 in the no so distant future.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”