Mixture can only be pulled to 50% CH Throttle Quad

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
GrizzlyAir
Airman Basic

Mixture can only be pulled to 50% CH Throttle Quad

Post by GrizzlyAir »

I have been using the CH throttle quadrant for quite some time and it works great. My throttle and mixture work fine in every other plane. The throttle works great in the Cherokee. No complaints but when I pull the mixture completely out, it’s stuck at 50%. If I use the mouse to pull it further it snaps back to 50% as expected since that is where the plane is reading it is set. I have my null to zero and sensitivity all the way up. No automixture. Have FSUiPC and it is calibrated through that and the CH software and windows 10. No matter what advicenive read on here t that effect, that’s not the problem. Also, if it were a calibration problem etc the throttle would only close to 50%, but it goes the full range. Anyone else having this problem or can I get a tech support answer to what is probably a very simple problem that I am simply not seeing?

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Mixture can only be pulled to 50% CH Throttle Quad

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Do you have your controls going through the sim or through FSUIPC.
Also check that no other control is interfearing with your mixture , i have two CH throttle quads and rudder peddles and yoke , all my controls go through FSUIPC4 with no issues.
regards alan. 8)

GrizzlyAir
Airman Basic

Post by GrizzlyAir »

Keep in mind I also have the Connie, 377, Cessna 172, and Cub installed and they all work just fine. It’s just this one plane that I’m having issues with the mixture. I’ll look at the settings more when Inget home from work. I was just hoping this was a common issue and someone would have a quick answer

Oliver Branaschky
Senior Airman

Post by Oliver Branaschky »

FSUIPC supports aircraft specific configurations. Is the box ticked in your case? Maybe that’s why this is the only aircraft you’re having this issue with.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

what are you mapping Mixture too?

If you remove FSUIPC from the equation does it all work ok?

thanks
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

aurel42
Airman First Class

Post by aurel42 »

Please forgive, I don't intend to hijack this thread, I'm just trying to offer more information:

I have exactly the same issue with the C172 and the PA24 (I don't own the Cherokee), always had, with FSUIPC4 and FSUIPC5. Since I could not find a solution, I just learned to live with it.

Here are the relevant lines from my FSUIPC5.ini, which provide full control range with any non-A2A aircraft I own:

Code: Select all

[JoyNames]
Q=CH Throttle Quadrant USB
Q.GUID={B2B69C40-E7F3-11E6-8003-444553540000}

[Axes]
7=QX,256,D,29,0,0,0     -{ DIRECT: CowlFlaps1 }-
12=QY,256,D,30,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: CowlFlaps2 }-
13=QZ,256,D,17,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: PropPitch1 }-
14=QR,256,D,18,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: PropPitch2 }-
15=QU,256,D,14,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Mixture2 }-
16=QV,256,D,13,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Mixture1 }-

[JoystickCalibration]
Throttle1=-16384,-16384,-16384,16383/32
Throttle2=-16384,-16384,-16384,16383/32
Mixture1=-16384,-12353,-12353,14719/32
Mixture2=-16384,-14563,-14563,13932/32
PropPitch1=-15994,-14433,-10533,14975
PropPitch2=-16384,-14563,-11443,14335
The CH throttle quadrant tends to jitter a bit (and the jitter appears to be worse when the quadrant isn't plugged into a powered USB hub). I believe this jitter is what is causing the OP's mixture lever to "jump back" to 50% after being changed using the mouse.

My "workaround": I reduced the sensitivity for the quadrant's axes in FSUIPC. As a result, I can in fact pull the mixture with the mouse when I reach the bottom position of the quadrant's lever, without the mixture returning to the 50% position (until I move the lever again).

I also tried setting up the axes using the A2A control manager thing, that worked perfectly, but, of course, it increases the workload when switching between A2A and other aircraft (ie. moving around FSUIPC's ini files) and I lose the option to mitigate the quadrant's jitter.

Thanks for looking into this,
Marc

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

The included input config we include with the Accu-sim aircraft are only relevant to our aircraft, the mapping will not affect any other software, that's worth bearing in mind.

Also is the fact that on our aircraft thus far, they are singles and so engine 1-2 etc is not needed and just the master mixture control should be used.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

aurel42
Airman First Class

Post by aurel42 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:The included input config we include with the Accu-sim aircraft are only relevant to our aircraft, the mapping will not affect any other software, that's worth bearing in mind.
For some reason, I have a FSUIPC ini file with all the quadrant axes disabled, to be used when axes are configured in the CH input thingie. I don't remember exactly why, but I assume FSUIPC's handling of the axes somehow interfered with the CH config.

And, again, I prefer to go through FSUIPC because it mitigates the imperfections of the throttle quadrant. Seeing the levers move around on their own (ie. jitter) because I bought a cheap quadrant kills my immersion in VR.
Also is the fact that on our aircraft thus far, they are singles and so engine 1-2 etc is not needed and just the master mixture control should be used.
I try to use as few FSUIPC ini files as possible, so I don't have to copy them back and forth whenever I switch aircraft. Currently, I'm using one for the Connie and another one for everything else, no matter whether it's got one or two engines. That's why I use Throttle1/2, Mixture1/2, and PropPitch1/2 -- this works fine with most of my aircraft. Would the use of Master Mixture instead of Mixture 1 solve the "50%" issue? (I can try that later tonight.)

Thanks for your advice,
Marc (not the OP)

Stuart
Airman First Class

Post by Stuart »

Yes, using master mixture/throttle/prop pitch will solve this issue. You will have full control of the axis and be able to reduce it to 0. Just set up a separate profile in FSUIPC for A2A GA aircraft and use the master controls.

This one had me flummoxed for a while too!

Cheers
Stu

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”