Integrating GTN 750 in the Cherokke VC.

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Signalman7500
Airman

Integrating GTN 750 in the Cherokke VC.

Post by Signalman7500 »

I recently purchased the FSX version of the A2A cherokee 180. I initially used the Flight 1 config. tool to install the F1 GTN 750 and it worked, but I would really like to integrate the GTN 750 into the cherokee 3d panel, rather than only having access to the 2d GTN 750. I was advised to utilize the Aircraft Configurator for this purpose.

I've taken a look at the Aircraft Configurator but I am at a loss as to how to use it in order to place the GTN 750 into the panel.
Is there a tutorial or any other information I can research that would be helpful in othis matter?

Thank you.

Bob

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Integrating GTN 750 in the Cherokke VC.

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Bob and welcome to the forums,

First of all, please can you download and run the Accu-Sim update from here if you haven't already do so, to make sure your A2A Cherokee installation is up to date.

After you've done this, it should just be a case of launching the Cherokee Aircraft Configurator, clicking "GPS", then selecting the relevant entry to choose the Flight 1 GTN 750. After doing so, just click OK, close the Configurator and load FSX. The F1 GTN 750 should be loaded in the panel by default, but you can further toggle between the GPS and no GPS configuration using the Shift 3 menu once you've loaded the A2A Cherokee.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Nick

Signalman7500
Airman

Post by Signalman7500 »

Nick,

Thanks very much. Problem resolved.
In my OP, I made a mistake. I was confusing the aircraft configurator with the input configurator.
I have the boxed version of FSX. The aircraft cofigurator was not in the Tools folder after initially installing the Cherokee. I reinstalled it using the installation.exe, but it still was absent.

I just installed the accusim update per your recommendation and the aircraft configurator is now listed in the Tools folder, and I successully installed the GTN 750 to the Cherokee panel.

Thanks again,

Bob

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Bob,

You're very welcome. The Cherokee Aircraft Configurator was actually added as a feature after the initial release, which is why it was only available to you after you installed the update.

Just for info, we're in the process of renewing all the product installers to deliver any updates at the point of installation.

All the best,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”