PA28 Cherokee not installing (p3dv4)

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
kyleresti
Airman Basic

PA28 Cherokee not installing (p3dv4)

Post by kyleresti »

Hello Support,

I purchased the PA28 Cherokee today and after installing on my P3dv4 I noticed the aircraft configurator was not allowing me to change the gps type, p3dv4 recognize the piper 28 and I was able to fly a bit. Later decided to uninstall and install again but unfortunately uninstall didn t work either, giving me a error during the process. I deleted the A2A folder directly and all the files related to Cherokee and A2A. Now when I m trying to install fresh during the process of copying the files I got the message not able to create C:\...prepar3d add-ons\A2A and doesn t allow me to install the airplane again. Please need some help! Thank you

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: PA28 Cherokee not installing (p3dv4)

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello kyleresti and welcome to the A2A forums.

Sorry to hear you've had some problems. A few questions to help us get you sorted.

1. Did you download the installer from A2A's new web store, or from a third-party store?

2. Can you remember what error messages were presented when you tried to uninstall?

3. Did you have any anti-virus software running on your PC during installation, and if so, from which provider?

Thanks,
Nick

kyleresti
Airman Basic

Post by kyleresti »

Thank you Nick!!
I download using the A2A website store, my antivuris is the win10 defender was enable during the installation.
Everything went well after installing, I was bale to open the aircraft in the p3dv4 and fly. The error I noticed first was inside the gps option, couldn t change from the list, don t remember the error code. Decided to unistall but again another error during the process (sorry didn t make a note). Deleted all he a2a files and folders from my SSD including the one created inside add-ons. After that downloaded the zip file from store again starting the process and the error is when start copying files to default location (same as first time) C:\pc\user\prepar3dv4 add-ons\A2A says it cannot creat folder and cancel my installation

Sorry for my describe, hard to explain here

Thank you

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay thanks,

Is the Accu-Sim Cherokee still shown as installed in the Window settings "Apps & Features" page?

If so, please can you try uninstalling from there again and make a note of the error message.

Thanks,
Nick

kyleresti
Airman Basic

Post by kyleresti »

Not Anymore Nick, after deleting the folder and files, Accu-Sim from Apps disappear. First time I tried to uninstall was from the app, right click - uninstall , was not allowing me and the error came up

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, when you manually deleted the files, how did you do it? If you just deleted them in the normal way (by sending them to the recycle bin) it shouldn't cause Windows to register the product as uninstalled.

Thanks,
Nick

kyleresti
Airman Basic

Post by kyleresti »

I manually deleted sending to the bin and cleaning my bin after that! everything disappeared after that, that's was the only way because uninstall wasn t working at all.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks kyleresti.

Please can you go to the Windows 'uninstall or change a program' screen and check if the Cherokee entry is shown there? It's available from the control panel instead of the Win 10 'settings' screen.

Thanks,
Nick

kyleresti
Airman Basic

Post by kyleresti »

Hi Nick its not there!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, please can you try running the installer again, and this time take a screenshot of the error message which is generated.

Info on how to share images can be seen here, or you can send it to to nick [at] a2asimulations [dot] com.

Also, have you tried basic steps such as restarting your PC?

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”