GTN 750 integration in Cherookee

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
kamarad99
Airman

GTN 750 integration in Cherookee

Post by kamarad99 »

Hi,

I have a problem with my GTN while integrated in the Cherookee panel.

When I want to press the Direct To or Home button, a single click produce no results. I have to click twice on the button to have the Direct to screen appear or the Home button to return to the map. Furthermore, if I double click too rapidly, nothings happen even if we see the button action (button shows as depressed and released) on the VC.

Any clue why these buttons requires two clicks ? This behavior doesnt exist when I use the pop-up screen version of the GTN on other default P3D aircrafts.
Order 64632
I7 2600k, 12 Gig ram, 120 Gig SSD, 1.5 Terabytes HD, 2x GTX580 3 Gigs

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: GTN 750 integration in Cherookee

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello,

Please can you let us know if you've installed the Cherokee using the new A2A installer which was released in May? If not, the first step would be to get hold of new installers for any A2A products you own as described in this pinned announcement. More info on reinstalling here.

Thanks,
Nick

kamarad99
Airman

Post by kamarad99 »

Will download the new installer.... report back after...
Order 64632

kamarad99
Airman

Post by kamarad99 »

I downloaded the new installer from the store and tried another installation.

First thing I noticed when trying uninstalling the previous version was that the A2A Cherookee and the corresponding A2A Accusim module was not listed in the Window Apps. So there is apparently a problem there. My Cherookee is installed outside of the proposed path of the installer.

To delete the previous version, I tried to just delete the directory.

Then restarted and closed P3D.

Then reinstalled with the new installer at the same location (different from the suggested one).

Still the Cherookee and Accusim did not register in the App list in Window.

The airplane is working except the same problem with the GTN button. Single click do not work and it takes a double click with a hold on the second click to make the button depress in the VC.

What should be the next step ?
Order 64632

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

kamarad99 wrote:First thing I noticed when trying uninstalling the previous version was that the A2A Cherookee and the corresponding A2A Accusim module was not listed in the Window Apps. So there is apparently a problem there.
This isn't necessarily a problem as the very early A2A installers for P3Dv4 didn't include an uninstaller. As you say, just deleting the directory is the solution.
kamarad99 wrote:Then reinstalled with the new installer at the same location (different from the suggested one).

Still the Cherookee and Accusim did not register in the App list in Window.
However, this is definitely not right. The new installers should register in the Windows app list under the publisher "A2A Simulations Inc.". Please can you let us know where you downloaded the installer from? Was it from A2A's new web store or from a third party retailer?

Thanks,
Nick

kamarad99
Airman

Post by kamarad99 »

The last download was from the old store as I was waiting for the new store to be online. I redownloaded from the new store and I see the installer is not the same. So I restarted the installation from scratch.

Now I'm up to date and the Cherookee display correctly as a window App.

But the direct to and home button is still there. It needs a double click to operate those buttons.
Order 64632

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks.

I don't actually own a copy of the F1 GTN so can't confirm this myself but I'll check with our developers/testers to see if they can reproduce this issue.

Nick

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”